Climate Change

What is your opinion of Climate Change?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

volfox72

I usually keep my political views to myself, but this one seems too important to not post. I'm no climate scientist, but I've read around 97% of climate scientist agree the world is warming and it is caused by humans. 2015 was the warmest year on record for the globe as a whole, 2016 is on pace to be even warmer. The greenhouse effect, and specifically carbon dioxide from burning fossil fuels seems to be the primary cause. Sea-level rise, acidification of the ocean, shrinking of ice ranges in the poles, and record warmth across the globe are all evidence of this.

Some anecdotal evidence, Knoxville's average high in april is 71 degrees, and we've been in the mid 80s for a while now, and that warmth is projected to continue for the next week.

What is everyone else's opinion? I don't want to be some crazy doomsday prophet and overreact to this, but it does to be one of the biggest challenges facing the world in the future.

I usually keep my political views to myself, but this one seems too important to not post. I'm no climate scientist, but I've read around 97% of climate scientist agree the world is warming and it is caused by humans. 2015 was the warmest year on record for the globe as a whole, 2016 is on pace to be even warmer. The greenhouse effect, and specifically carbon dioxide from burning fossil fuels seems to be the primary cause. Sea-level rise, acidification of the ocean, shrinking of ice ranges in the poles, and record warmth across the globe are all evidence of this.

Some anecdotal evidence, Knoxville's average high in april is 71 degrees, and we've been in the mid 80s for a while now, and that warmth is projected to continue for the next week.

What is everyone else's opinion? I don't want to be some crazy doomsday prophet and overreact to this, but it does to be one of the biggest challenges facing the world in the future.

The climate changes everyday.. 3 weeks ago its was in the high 30's......:rock:

Reactions: 5 people

I'll listen to arguments supporting climate change. But to refer to a week's worth of temperatures in April as anecdotal evidence of a change in climate is one of the most accidentally ridiculous things I've ever read.

Reactions: 2 people
The three percent are right.

It would be really inconvenient if they're not.

To quote the dumb kid on Big Bang Theory, "Agree to disagree. That's the great thing about science, there's no one right answer."

Reactions: 3 people
Don't you think the earth would have exploded in rising temperature when the industrial revolution hit and the world went from farming to manufacturing.. That certinly would have seen a spike right..... as that must have been a real jolt to the envirorment over that time span... No rise in temp occured

Reactions: 2 people
I'll listen to arguments supporting climate change. But to refer to a week's worth of temperatures in April as anecdotal evidence of a change in climate is one of the most accidentally ridiculous things I've ever read.

That's not the evidence I'm using to base my argument that it is true or untrue. Don't listen to that as a piece of argument, listen to what the experts are using as evidence.

Don't you think the earth would have exploded in rising temperature when the industrial revolution hit and the world went from farming to manufacturing.. That certinly would have seen a spike right..... as that must have been a real jolt to the envirorment over that time span... No rise in temp occured

Makes perfect sense. The change had to be immediate or it never happened. It's not like there's a build up factor involved. No, if there wasn't a 10 degree spike the moment the first piece of coal was lit on fire, the entire concept is a farce.

Reactions: 12 people
Climate is constantly chAnging and always has. No issues here.

Yes, but the time-scale of change has been over thousands or millions of years. The changes we're seeing now are happening much quicker, and with direct correlation with carbon levels in the atmosphere.

Reactions: 1 person
Makes perfect sense. The change had to be immediate or it never happened. It's not like there's a build up factor involved. No, if there wasn't a 10 degree spike the moment the first piece of coal was lit on fire, the entire concept is a farce.

What about over 20-30 years?

I heard that Miami was going to under water by 1990 by your experts... Dense right?

One prediction by small group was wrong. Therefore, all predictions by all groups, are also wrong. We can safely ignore all science and reason. Whew, that's a load off.

Reactions: 4 people
The war of poverty has been funded for the past 50 years and the rates have not moved...Trillions have been spent

Singed
Broke taxpayers

We are doubling down. Fighting global warming, aka the boogeyman, keeps developing countries poor. Essentially, LG and his GW warriors are racists.

One prediction by small group was wrong. Therefore, all predictions by all groups, are also wrong. We can safely ignore all science and reason. Whew, that's a load off.

I know.. dismiss anything that does not fit the agenda when proven wrong as small and insignificant.. Classic

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back