Tubman to Replace Jackson on The Twenty

The average moron in the street will have no idea who she is, or who Andrew Jackson is. They don't teach history like they used to.

They probably put her on the twenty, so she can spy on you from your wallet.

Reactions: 2 people
The average moron in the street will have no idea who she is, or who Andrew Jackson is. They don't teach history like they used to.

I am married and feeding 4 boys, they won't be spying on me.

Reactions: 4 people

Thank God they don't teach economics like they used to.

American exceptionalism tainted how history was taught in your day. Not saying it's unbiased today, but I'm not getting off your lawn.

Reactions: 1 person
Thank God they don't teach economics like they used to.

American exceptionalism tainted how history was taught in your day. Not saying it's unbiased today, but I'm not getting off your lawn.
I have no idea where you are coming from on this one. I said that the average moron in the street would have no idea who she or A.J. were, and I will stand by that. I was taught who she was, and she was not vilified in any way in my history education.

As far as econ goes, we are doing so much better today as a country financially, than we did back when I was taught econ in the 60's and 70's.

A former slave replaces a slaveholder. She helped free many slaves and he owned many (close to 300 iirc).

Reactions: 4 people
I have no idea where you are coming from on this one. I said that the average moron in the street would have no idea who she or A.J. were, and I will stand by that. I was taught who she was, and she was not vilified in any way in my history education.

As far as econ goes, we are doing so much better today as a country financially, than we did back when I was taught econ in the 60's and 70's.

OK?...

Hamilton (the musical) is really, really good. So if that's Lew's reasoning for keeping Hamilton on the $10, then I can see where he's coming from.

Tubman deserves such an honor but hate seeing her replace the last Constitutionalist President. Would rather see her replace Grant or Hamilton.

That meant that changing faces on the 20 is a big waste of time and money. If Harriet Tubman, or Harriet Beecher Stowe, or Harriett Nelson was already on the 20, it would be a big waste of time and money to put A.J. on it.

They have to redesign the currency on a regular basis for security purposes. It won't cost any more to take Jackson off than it would to keep him on.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back