Obamacare Working Exactly as Intended

VolnJC

maybe even ahead of schedule...we are short millions of doctors and all the large insurance companies are pulling out of the marketplace...just a matter of time before we have single payor..mourn the death of the second opinion..your government knows what is best for you!

News from The Associated Press

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2016/03/30/theyre-sicker-plus-aca-enrollees-cost-more-in-care-major-insurer-finds/

Consumers who signed up for Blue Cross Blue Shield health plans through the Affordable Care Act’s insurance marketplaces these last two years tended to be sicker and incurred greater medical costs than people with BCBS coverage through their jobs.

The enrollees in those individual health plans in 2014 and 2015 had higher rates of diabetes, depression and heart disease, according to a report released Wednesday by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.

Lets go back to where we were so the insurance companies can dump all of those with cancer, diabetes and heart disease. After they're the real villains here.

Reactions: 2 people
Lets go back to where we were so the insurance companies can dump all of those with cancer, diabetes and heart disease. After they're the real villains here.

There is something to be said about eliminating bad genes from the pool.

Subsidize this population. Leave the rest of us lucky bass turds alone

I know it's asking too much, but I really wish people would read more than just the headlines in these stories.

Type 2 Diabetes? Heart Disease? Probably your own fault.

Just saying..

Type 2 Diabetes? Heart Disease? Probably your own fault.

Just saying..

Did you forget the blue font? Or are you like most people and understand next to nothing about medicine but think google will tell you everything?

I am thinking the latter.

I know it's asking too much, but I really wish people would read more than just the headlines in these stories.

So please enumerate what we should be taking away from the current conditions of Obamacare. You know:
1) It's failing in many states to deliver as promised.
2) It's already failed in others, abjectly, to deliver as promised.
3) .. and etc.
C'mon LG, help us out here.

Reactions: 1 person

What's to read? UHC waited a year to jump in and still got completely mauled. NONE of the BlueCross/BlueShield plans across the country have made money. More than half the co-ops are belly up, so those taxpayer loans are kaput. The risk balancing elements of the ACA have failed miserably, because the people on the exchange are exponentially more sick than the general population. This is what high risk/cat pools were for, but now they're swimming around with the rest of us. Nevermind the fact you can sign up for Obamacare, get all your treatments in the first 90 days, and just not pay the premium. We were told people wouldn't do this, so a hearty lol to those naive sentiments. I could go on but it gets boring retyping this stuff.

So please enumerate what we should be taking away from the current conditions of Obamacare. You know:
1) It's failing in many states to deliver as promised.
2) It's already failed in others, abjectly, to deliver as promised.
3) .. and etc.
C'mon LG, help us out here.

What's to read? UHC waited a year to jump in and still got completely mauled. NONE of the BlueCross/BlueShield plans across the country have made money. More than half the co-ops are belly up, so those taxpayer loans are kaput. The risk balancing elements of the ACA have failed miserably, because the people on the exchange are exponentially more sick than the general population. This is what high risk/cat pools were for, but now they're swimming around with the rest of us. Nevermind the fact you can sign up for Obamacare, get all your treatments in the first 90 days, and just not pay the premium. We were told people wouldn't do this, so a hearty lol to those naive sentiments. I could go on but it gets boring retyping this stuff.

As I read the articles on this, some major insurers are THREATENING to leave in 1-2 years out, complaining that the markets for individual states is too small because the population size of those particular states is too low to generate enough revenue.

Now.

Think REALLY hard about that argument. Think about WHY they are making that argument now. And think about why they are talking about 1-2 years out.

I'll wait while you piece it together.

Just as planned. huh? Funny, I still can't put people to work for one of my clients, a not-for-profit organization, without going out of business.

Everything Mullah Obama has touched has turned to sh!t. How's those solar energy companies he bailed out doing these days?

Reactions: 3 people
As I read the articles on this, some major insurers are THREATENING to leave in 1-2 years out, complaining that the markets for individual states is too small because the population size of those particular states is too low to generate enough revenue.

Now.

Think REALLY hard about that argument. Think about WHY they are making that argument now. And think about why they are talking about 1-2 years out.

I'll wait while you piece it together.
You're really overthinking this.

Insurers will continue to bail or rates will have to almost double...like many said the older and sicker signed up..the young and healthy didn't

At the end of the 2016 sign-up period in February, close to 13 million people had private health insurance obtained via the exchanges. But enrollment may have virtually plateaued, the Congressional Budget Office projects modest growth in future years, and concerns remain that younger, healthier consumers don’t consider the coverage to be affordable or a good value.

“Our own experience and performance have been unfavorable in these markets. The smaller overall market size, the shorter-term, higher-risk profile within this market segment continue to suggest we cannot broadly serve it on an effective and sustained basis. Next year, we will remain in only a handful of states,” Hemsley said during the conference call.

VN Store

Back