Governor Haslam Vetoes Bible Bill

61914260.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Good move Gov. I wish these southern state assemblies would spend more times solving important problems and less time coddling the Christian fanatics.

Tennessee Governor Vetoes Bible Bill

I disagree. I would rather them waste their time medlling in things that absolutely have no significance in my life rather than actually sitting around looking for ways to erode more cash and freedom from us.

I honestly hope this gets all of the politicians' time and attention.

Reactions: 1 person
Shouldn't it be a book that was written here, or was written by someone from here, or has at least part of it take place here?

Reactions: 4 people
Shouldn't it be a book that was written here, or was written by someone from here, or has at least part of it take place here?

There ARE more Bibles published in TN than any other state.....I agree that it should not be the State book.

I have been corrected.......

Last edited:
Make this the official book of Tennessee and be done with it.

Attachments

• 61ly8In+RfL._SX359_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    61ly8In+RfL._SX359_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: 10 people
There are few if any Bibles printed in Tennessee. The vast majority of Bibles are printed in Korea or China.

Ingram and Thomas Nelson used to be two of the largest Bible publisher in the country....are they not doing it any more? Also, the Baptist/Lifeway group used to publish in TN......my info could be out dated?

Gideons is headquartered in Nashville also.

Last edited:
Ingram and Thomas Nelson used to be two of the largest Bible publisher in the country....are they not doing it any more? Also, the Baptist/Lifeway group used to publish in TN......my info could be out dated?

Gideons is headquartered in Nashville also.

Ingrams is a book distributor/wholesaler with no printing operations except for digital (no Bibles). Thomas Nelson and The Gideon Society publish Bibles but not print them in Tennessee. The Baptist Sunday School Board (Lifeway Christian) prints most of their Bibles in Korea. i

c

t

Good move....I'm astonished that so many people view religious texts as fact...they were ancient man's attempt to make sense of the world around him...the Old Testament myths weren't even original...I blame Constantine :)

I do enjoy reading the Bible as a life philosophy..my favorite is the Gnostic Gospels..Jesus sounds more Buddhist than in the 3 later Gospels...In Thomas he talks of the "Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the Earth and man does not see it"

http://lifeintegrity.com/Gospel-of-Thomas-Scholars-Version.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I guess I should have used the word "publish" instead of print.....my bad......

VN Store

Back