King Obama forgives student loans

“Americans with disabilities have a right to student loan relief,” Ted Mitchell

Yet, they are not going to make them prove said disability.......BRILLIANT move in an election year by the Dems.

Reactions: 2 people
"The borrowers identified by the Department won’t have to go through the typical application process for receiving a disability discharge, which requires sending in documented proof of their disability. Instead, the borrower will simply have to sign and return the completed application enclosed in the letter."

Disgusting.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm going to write a letter to The Kellogg School of Management and request that my hard earned money that paid for my MBA be refunded immediately. I've had an awakening and I'm now a transgendered neutral hetero identifying myself as black with a recent self diagnosed disability suffering from white guilt. I'm crossing my fingers......

Reactions: 8 people
"The borrowers identified by the Department won’t have to go through the typical application process for receiving a disability discharge, which requires sending in documented proof of their disability. Instead, the borrower will simply have to sign and return the completed application enclosed in the letter."

Disgusting.

These loan forgiveness recipients already already proven their disability through the SSA

They have been granted disability status. That doesn't guarantee the proved they are disabled.

"The government identified eligible borrowers by matching Department of Education data on student loan borrowers with Social Security Administration data to determine which federal student loan borrowers are receiving disability benefits and whose conditions aren't expected to improve."

That means the recipients of this loan forgiveness are already receiving disability benefits...which means they have proven their disability to the SSA...which is usually a difficult thing to do.

"The government identified eligible borrowers by matching Department of Education data on student loan borrowers with Social Security Administration data to determine which federal student loan borrowers are receiving disability benefits and whose conditions aren't expected to improve."

That means the recipients of this loan forgiveness are already receiving disability benefits...which means they have proven their disability to the SSA...which is usually a difficult thing to do.

UHM, no. I qualified as disabled after my knee surgery when I was 16. All you have to do is find a doctor willing to fill out a form, which is only a little more difficult than finding a doctor to give out a prescription

They haven't proved they are disabled - they've convinced the SSA that they qualify.

UHM, no. I qualified as disabled after my knee surgery when I was 16. All you have to do is find a doctor willing to fill out a form, which is only a little more difficult than finding a doctor to give out a prescription

The article says the recipients are those already judged to be disabled and unlikely to improve. That's different than in your case. Sure there are people who can scam the system, no system is perfect.

words matter - just playing the silly little game you love to play here.

Ok so these loan forgiveness recipients have already convinced the SSA that they are disabled.

Thus, no need to require them to convince another government agency of the same disability. So King Obama's loan forgiveness actually trims down redundant government functions. You should be happy with that! :dance2::dance2::dance2:

Dissability can be extremely hard to prove to the SSA. A whole legal industry has grown up to gain benefits for those denied when applying on their own. It is not easy. A little more than three out of four initial applications were denied. I know this because my brother had the screws for the support brackets of a window air conditioner he was working on pull out of rotten anchors

Yes, there are lots of frauds. No, most folk getting dissability are not frauds.

Dissability can be extremely hard to prove to the SSA. A whole legal industry has grown up to gain benefits for those denied when applying on their own. It is not easy. A little more than three out of four initial applications were denied. I know this because my brother had the screws for the support brackets of a window air conditioner he was working on pull out of rotten anchors

Yes, there are lots of frauds. No, most folk getting dissability are not frauds.

That's what I am saying, getting the SSA to acknowledge disability is usually pretty difficult...*especially* if the person is under 60.

most "disabilities", by government standards, do not prevent a person from working and paying the loans back.....

Enlightening article

http://apps.npr.org/unfit-for-work/

hmmmm

One woman I met, Ethel Thomas, is on disability for back pain after working many years at the fish plant, and then as a nurse's aide. When I asked her what job she would have in her dream world, she told me she would be the woman at the Social Security office who weeds through disability applications. I figured she said this because she thought she'd be good at weeding out the cheaters. But that wasn't it. She said she wanted this job because it is the only job she's seen where you get to sit all day.

Disability claims skyrocketed during the recession. Weird so many people got hurt when unemployment was so high. Wasn't there some judge in WV that was approving 98% of applications or something? Believe he and the attorney are in jail.

VN Store

Back