That's racist!

The problem with squawking about everything being "racist", even reaching as far as possible with this garbage is that it really dilutes real racism in this country. Any reasonable human being couldn't honestly look at that picture as being racist.

Not to mention that was probably a photoshoot where they took 200 pictures of many different poses. Some colorblind marketing senior probably thought this was the cutest one. Why would she have thought it was racist if, in her eyes, color is not a difference. That's the real irony here. The people who are least racist are often the ones accused of being racist. Colorblindness is not an acceptable model of race relations any longer. Now we are supposed to acknowledge the inherent privilege or disadvantage associated with one's skin color. Such a messed up way to address race relations.

I swear.... I'd be lying if I said I was surprised someone found something to complain about.

Since we are looking for things to complain about.

Geez lady , it's 2016 , how can you just assume that's a white girl? Stop discrimination against trans kids !!

It's always funny seeing the truth come out:

Gap apologizes for 'racist' children's ad - UPI.com

In another twist of the story, the girls happen to be sisters, according to a tweet from their mother, actress Brook Smith.

Such a racist family to adopt a black girl and then use her in modern slavery by putting her face on a national campaign for a household name of clothing.

at this point it doesn't surprise me. I have heard inanimate objects called racist.

With so many stupid and false racist, sexist and <insertanyword>phobic claims it's fun to point out and laugh at what's distracting from real problems.

Here is a new racist Gap ad.....

Gap Apologies For Controversial GapKids Ad Image Called Racist - Fortune

What's the saying, to a hammer everything looks like a nail? If you want to see racism everywhere, you'll find a way. If the black girl had been doing what the girl on the left was doing, she'd be a jester or minstrel for the white folks. If she'd had her arm on the white girls head, it would imply black people cannot stand on their own without the help of whites. I can't understand how someone walks through life looking through that type of lens, but they are out there. And now all it takes is one tweet for the media to trumpet an "outrage" or "backlash".

What's the saying, to a hammer everything looks like a nail? If you want to see racism everywhere, you'll find a way. If the black girl had been doing what the girl on the left was doing, she'd be a jester or minstrel for the white folks. If she'd had her arm on the white girls head, it would imply black people cannot stand on their own without the help of whites. I can't understand how someone walks through life looking through that type of lens, but they are out there. And now all it takes is one tweet for the media to trumpet an "outrage" or "backlash".

Is it really like that? I would say in most cases, no. The article in OP is about Gap's apology. Did "the media" actually go after Gap?

Reactions: 1 person
This day in age the "media" does include things like this.

I'll ad it was a preemptive move by The Gap.

For some reason we've elevated even the possible appearance of some form of insensitivity to a major transgression. I guarantee some people will endure sensitivity training after this ad choice.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back