Gitmo releases continue

When exactly are you supposed to release POWs? We expect our POWs to be released.

I don't like these guys out, but I also don't like our imprisoning people indefinitely without trial. It's unamerican.

Reactions: 3 people
When exactly are you supposed to release POWs? We expect our POWs to be released.

I don't like these guys out, but I also don't like our imprisoning people indefinitely without trial. It's unamerican.

They were not POWs.

Reactions: 1 person

releasing prisoners who are knowingly going to go out and blow up innocent people is unAmerican.

I don't have an easy answer for you on this. But it appears to me the only process playing into this is political. Obama wants to close Gitmo no matter what and regardless of how dangerous these people are.

Reactions: 5 people

I agree they should be given a trial and then put to death.

Reactions: 3 people
Illegal combatants. There is a difference.

We should just call them terrorists and change the rules so one it is determined that they are, that they are taken before a firing squad.

We have to adapt.

Gitmo has never been anything but a steaming heap of ****. Just like everything else Bush, Cheney and Dumsfeld touched. These people harmed or conspired to harm Americans and they should have been tried years ago.

Why even put people in gitmo? Capture, black site, interrogate, shoot. Repeat as necessary. The Geneva CONVENTIONS don't work because we haven't fought a CONVENTIONAL war in decades. You are fighting an idea, not a country. It's asymmetrical and it seems the rules should be adjusted as such.

Reactions: 2 people
Supermax in Florence is waaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than death.
But they would still be breathing and costing us money. Besides, I am sure that some lawbag would sue for religious rights so they get halal meals and prayer rugs. You know... being American and all.

Why even put people in gitmo? Capture, black site, interrogate, shoot. Repeat as necessary. The Geneva CONVENTIONS don't work because we haven't fought a CONVENTIONAL war in decades. You are fighting an idea, not a country. It's asymmetrical and it seems the rules should be adjusted as such.

It's thinking like this that exacerbates the problem.

Gitmo has never been anything but a steaming heap of ****. Just like everything else Bush, Cheney and Dumsfeld touched. These people harmed or conspired to harm Americans and they should have been tried years ago.

Yeah you would think since those three have been fishing for 8 years we would have seen a few come up.

It's thinking like this that exacerbates the problem.

Exacerbates what problem? They are radicals who want to do two things: kill infidels and reach paradise. We shouldn't help them with the first part but we should gladly help them with the second part. It's the least we can do.

Reactions: 2 people
Exacerbates what problem? They are radicals who want to do two things: kill infidels and reach paradise. We shouldn't help them with the first part but we should gladly help them with the second part. It's the least we can do.

The US sticks its ******n nose everywhere and kills millions of people. I'm talking about collateral damage. Then we act f@cking surprised when those same people aren't grateful for the "freedom" we have provided and adopt some seriously screwed up ideologies.

Your solution is to kill more people. You can't kill your way out of this problem.

If we, meaning the US, truly believes in our ideals then constitutional rights are something that should be granted everyone who is a citizen, on us soil or in the custody of the US. Any less and our message is that the rest of the world isn't worthy of freedom.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

Other than your dumbass opening sentence I agree. Trials should have happened years ago.

The US sticks its ******n nose everywhere and kills millions of people. I'm talking about collateral damage. Then we act f@cking surprised when those same people aren't grateful for the "freedom" we have provided and adopt some seriously screwed up ideologies.

Your solution is to kill more people. You can't kill your way out of this problem.

If we, meaning the US, truly believes in our ideals then constitutional rights are something that should be granted everyone who is a citizen, on us soil or in the custody of the US. Any less and our message is that the rest of the world isn't worthy of freedom.

These people are deranged. Point blank period. You can feed them, clothe them, build them homes, apologize, etc. and the first chance they get they'll kill you. No amount of groveling or appeasement for past actions will satisfy them. They want to kill us. There is no middle ground or compromise. Leaving them alone to cool off doesn't work. They need to be pressed at all times and be kept on the defensive. I am not indicting an entire religion but there are elements of that religion that do not wish good upon us. To pretend otherwise is naive.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back