2016 Election Thread Part Deux

Grand Vol

Official VN Armorer
Lab Rat
So, we're coming to the end of the first 2016 Election thread. And just putting it into perspective about the wild ride we've had in the past year, here's some of the highlights from the last year.

On Mar 20, 2015 when the first thread was created, there were no declared candidates from either party going into the election. The first candidate to declare from the Republican side was Ted Cruz on Mar 23, 2015 and the last to declare was Jim Gilmore on Jul 30, 2015. The first Democratic candidate was Hillary Clinton on April 12, 2015 and the last to declare was Jim Webb on July 2, 2015.

The GOP field grew to 17 candidates and is now down to 4. The DNC field had a high of 5 and is now down to 2.

The first GOP nominee to drop out was Rick Perry on Sep 11, 2015 and the latest was Ben Carson on Mar 4, 20216.

The first DNC candidate to drop out was Jim Webb on Oct 20, 2015 and the latest was Martin O'Malley on Feb 1, 2016.

Since declaring, Trump has been the front runner, though overtaken by Carson for a brief time in November 2015. Clinton has led and continues to lead the field on the DNC side.

There have been 8 debates on the DNC side with 2 more scheduled and 12 on the GOP side with 1 more scheduled.

It's certainly been a roller coaster ride for the past year.

Full blown fiscal conservative, social and legal libertarian.

I'm leaning trump, if it works great, if not it hastens the inevitable shootout.

Reactions: 3 people
Either she is allergic to poor people or her health is deteriorating. Been happening a lot lately..

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wWl57AtKGY[/youtube]

Reactions: 3 people
Either she is allergic to poor people or her health is deteriorating. Been happening a lot lately..

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wWl57AtKGY[/youtube]

Seriously..there is something wrong with her..this is no URI..she has been doing this for months and health is a valid question for a presidential contender to be asked.

Are we as a country going to allow the left/liberal/progressive (or whatever today's term) determine the election in the streets rather than at the ballot box? Will we decide that might makes right this year? An LA Times headline "For Donald Trump, protests create a short-term benefit and a long-term threat" would certainly suggest that - that the opposition can demonstrate/disrupt/riot and make an opposition candidate untenable - because they don't like him or her. If so we have a much bigger problem - a one sided political process - because one side uses and is allowed to use "free speech" in dramatic fashion to disrupt the civil calm and political process. In other words we allow the mob rule of one political spectrum because we prefer peace - that to me is the height of tyranny and subversion of the democratic process.

Reactions: 4 people
Y'all don't want to know the latest conspiracy theory

Do you?

GIF-Chair-Dis-gon-b-good-Dis-gonna-be-good-Drama-Pull-up-a-seat-Seat-This-gonna-be-good-GIF.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Yep, I'm going to get a law degree with a minor in political science so I can get voted into Congress.

Then never have to work another day in my life. :)

Funny story.

It was Day one of Biology lab my freshmen year of college and we had to go around the class and share interesting fact about ourselves (everyone's favorite part amiright). So I am basically finishing up my usual "I'm Persian, I like geography, yadayadayada", and then the guy next to me goes next and is like "I've won three Grammies". We're all like "wtf". I talk to him later (he's my lab partner) and ask him about the Grammy thing and I **** you all not, he actually has won three Grammys as a music engineer/producer. He said he wanted to go back to college and try to get a law degree to "further his career opportunies in the music industry". On another note, my other lab partner said she transferred here (I go to a school in Atlanta) from UT and was telling me how she dated Raijon Neal. Random as hell. All star lab group.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep, I'm going to get a law degree with a minor in political science so I can get voted into Congress.

Then never have to work another day in my life. :)

Go talk to some big corporations along with wall street and tell them you will vote however they want. You will be in congress in no time.

Reactions: 2 people
Funny story.

It was Day one of Biology lab my freshmen year of college and we had to go around the class and share interesting fact about ourselves (everyone's favorite part amiright). So I am basically finishing up my usual "I'm Persian, I like geography, yadayadayada", and then the guy next to me goes next and is like "I've won three Grammies". We're all like "wtf". I talk to him later (he's my lab partner) and ask him about the Grammy thing and I **** you all not, he actually has won three Grammys as a music engineer/producer. He said he wanted to go back to college and try to get a law degree to "further his career opportunies in the music industry". On another note, my other lab partner said she transferred here (I go to a school in Atlanta) from UT and was telling me how she dated Raijon Neal. Random as hell. All star lab group.

Should have told them that you make some awesome flying carpets in your spare time :)

VN Store

Back