1036 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on California Secession. within the forum Politics. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 02-22-2016, 01:23 AM   #1
Rasputin_Vol
Libertad y Orden

California Secession
California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession
California Secession

Please make this happen...

YouTube Link

Winston Churchill
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLS INC. View Post
I'm glad my destiny was to be a Vol, because everything else is second tier.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2016, 07:20 AM   #2
Grand Vol
Throw up your hands!

California Secession California Secession
California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession
Along those same lines:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffer...Pacific_state)
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2016, 09:05 AM   #3
ClearwaterVol

California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin_Vol View Post
Please make this happen...

YouTube Link
That would put a serious hurting on the budget being that California has a GDP roughly equal to the southeastern us.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2016, 09:54 AM   #4
hog88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearwaterVol View Post
That would put a serious hurting on the budget being that California has a GDP roughly equal to the southeastern us.
I'll gladly take the chance.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2016, 10:05 AM   #5
Carl Pickens

California Secession California Secession California Secession
The democratic party would be brought to it's knees
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2016, 10:23 AM   #6
n_huffhines
What's it gonna cost?

California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession
I would probably go with them. It would culturally be America and no federal government...

"...players today are boarder [sic] line thugs. Look at UT in the past few years, they have a rapist mentality." - VolStrom
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2016, 10:26 AM   #7
hog88

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_huffhines View Post
I would probably go with them. It would culturally be America and no federal government...
Think Sacramento will just cede to the counties?
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2016, 10:27 AM   #8
joevol33

California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession
I thought they were pushing to divide into like 7 different states.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2016, 10:28 AM   #9
n_huffhines
What's it gonna cost?

California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession
Quote:
Originally Posted by joevol33 View Post
I thought they were pushing to divide into like 7 different states.
Is that part of this plan? I've heard of them wanting to divide into 5 states, but didn't know that it had anything to do with secession.

"...players today are boarder [sic] line thugs. Look at UT in the past few years, they have a rapist mentality." - VolStrom
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2016, 10:31 AM   #10
n_huffhines
What's it gonna cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog88 View Post
Think Sacramento will just cede to the counties?
Do you mean that there would be no CA national government? I think there certainly would be, but I meant that it wouldn't be like our federal government.

Our federal government started as a union of nations. Now we are not that. We are one nation and we are too big.

California would have a similar setup, I'm sure....but it would start as one nation, with a few states, but the point is this nation would be 1/6 the size of the US and the national government would likely have to be more responsive to the people. I can't see the nation of CA spending endless amounts of $ on war in the ME.

VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2016, 10:37 AM   #11
malinoisvol

Can they take the EPA with them?

#packagedeal
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2016, 10:38 AM   #12
Grand Vol
Throw up your hands!

California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession California Secession
Quote:
Do you mean that there would be no CA national government? I think there certainly would be, but I meant that it wouldn't be like our federal government.

Our federal government started as a union of nations. Now we are not that. We are one nation and we are too big.

California would have a similar setup, I'm sure....but it would start as one nation, with a few states, but the point is this nation would be 1/6 the size of the US and the national government would likely have to be more responsive to the people. I can't see the nation of CA spending endless amounts of $ on war in the ME.
Who are you and what have you done with Huff?

Ever take a look at the California State Government?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2016, 10:40 AM   #13
n_huffhines
What's it gonna cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Vol View Post
Who are you and what have you done with Huff?

Ever take a look at the California State Government?
I have more hope that a nation of 40 million people can correct its course than a nation of 350 million.

Federal involvement is part of why CA has bad government, too.

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2016, 10:51 AM   #14
Grand Vol
Throw up your hands!

Quote:
I have more hope that a nation of 40 million people can correct its course than a nation of 350 million.

Federal involvement is part of why CA has bad government, too.
They tend to go far beyond what the Federal Government does. A State that becomes more draconian than the Federal side isn't something to be wished for.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2016, 10:57 AM   #15
n_huffhines
What's it gonna cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Vol View Post
They tend to go far beyond what the Federal Government does. A State that becomes more draconian than the Federal side isn't something to be wished for.
Right. This is because they are the biggest state. So the biggest state government with the help of the Federal government resulted in one of the worst state governments in the US. This is right in line with my theory that big government is more disastrous. I would be going from a nation that spends $4 trillion a year to a nation that is spending $100B a year.

It's a whole different ball game.

Reply With Quote TOP