California Secession

I thought they were pushing to divide into like 7 different states.

Think Sacramento will just cede to the counties?

Do you mean that there would be no CA national government? I think there certainly would be, but I meant that it wouldn't be like our federal government.

Our federal government started as a union of nations. Now we are not that. We are one nation and we are too big.

California would have a similar setup, I'm sure....but it would start as one nation, with a few states, but the point is this nation would be 1/6 the size of the US and the national government would likely have to be more responsive to the people. I can't see the nation of CA spending endless amounts of $ on war in the ME.

Reactions: 1 person
Do you mean that there would be no CA national government? I think there certainly would be, but I meant that it wouldn't be like our federal government.

Our federal government started as a union of nations. Now we are not that. We are one nation and we are too big.

California would have a similar setup, I'm sure....but it would start as one nation, with a few states, but the point is this nation would be 1/6 the size of the US and the national government would likely have to be more responsive to the people. I can't see the nation of CA spending endless amounts of $ on war in the ME.

Who are you and what have you done with Huff?

Ever take a look at the California State Government?

Who are you and what have you done with Huff?

Ever take a look at the California State Government?

I have more hope that a nation of 40 million people can correct its course than a nation of 350 million.

Federal involvement is part of why CA has bad government, too.

I have more hope that a nation of 40 million people can correct its course than a nation of 350 million.

Federal involvement is part of why CA has bad government, too.

They tend to go far beyond what the Federal Government does. A State that becomes more draconian than the Federal side isn't something to be wished for.

Reactions: 2 people
They tend to go far beyond what the Federal Government does. A State that becomes more draconian than the Federal side isn't something to be wished for.

Right. This is because they are the biggest state. So the biggest state government with the help of the Federal government resulted in one of the worst state governments in the US. This is right in line with my theory that big government is more disastrous. I would be going from a nation that spends $4 trillion a year to a nation that is spending $100B a year.

It's a whole different ball game.

Right. This is because they are the biggest state. So the biggest state government with the help of the Federal government resulted in one of the worst state governments in the US. This is right in line with my theory that big government is more disastrous. I would be going from a nation that spends $4 trillion a year to a nation that is spending $100B a year.

It's a whole different ball game.

And that excuses the State Government taking away the basic rights of the citizens?

Not sure what you're talking about or why you would infer this from anything I've said.

Because you believe this Utopia of happiness would happen from California moving away from the US. And your singular outlook on the matter means you are overlooking (or ignoring) the other facts of the matter.

Because you believe this Utopia of happiness would happen from California moving away from the US. And your singular outlook on the matter means you are overlooking (or ignoring) the other facts of the matter.

WTF are you talking about? It's useless to have conversations with you. If I say reasonable things, you'll make up unreasonable positions for me.

I never said it was a Utopia. I never said anything about happiness. I said it would be smaller government which makes it more likely to right the ship. That is all I have said.

I never said this was my singular consideration. You assume I am ignoring other factors. Make honest arguments, please.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 4 people

You have way more faith than I.

Republicans need to thank their chosen deity that California is part of the Union...otherwise America's patron saint , Ronald Reagan, would have probably never been President.

And that excuses the State Government taking away the basic rights of the citizens?

it takes away from them being Americans. what does California do with everyone that doesn't want to be Californian over American?

WTF are you talking about? It's useless to have conversations with you. If I say reasonable things, you'll make up unreasonable positions for me.

I never said it was a Utopia. I never said anything about happiness. I said it would be smaller government which makes it more likely to right the ship. That is all I have said.

I never said this was my singular consideration. You assume I am ignoring other factors. Make honest arguments, please.

giphy.gif

You know, I get really ****ing tired of your BS posts. You start on one position, get backed into a corner and all the sudden you start in with "WTF, I never said that." And the only reason you say that is because you have zero arguments left to give.

You straight up said you'd support that because of "limited government." Not even addressing how ****ing bad Cali is to begin with without federal intervention.

Just ****ing stop.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back