Supreme Court Justice Scalia has passed away

I was going to vote libertarian but with his passing, I might vote Republican. A supreme Court appointee is much more important than president. I can handle a rep in office for 4-8 years as long as I dont have a Hilary or Bernie justice appointee.

Reactions: 2 people
The article I read said a replacement will not be named until after the election.

I agree. I don't see Obama appointing one nor do I see the Republican confirming one if he tried to. Whoever wins the election will get to make that decision.

He liked giving Obama the middle finger

Still, if a Dem wins, there will be another enemy of the Constitution appointed to replace him

Reactions: 2 people
Judge Judy Bader Ginsberg will be the next one to go.

When I heard a justice had died I immediately thought it was RBG. Finding out it was Scalia threw me.

The two were good friends even though their ideologies were often at odds. There's a lesson there, I believe.

I didn't always agree with the man but he had my respect.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't see how Obama doesn't get to name his replacement. The Senate couldn't rightfully hold the appointment up that long. (I hope they would but just don't see them doing that. I see another Sotomayor looming.)

I don't see how Obama doesn't get to name his replacement. The Senate couldn't rightfully hold the appointment up that long. (I hope they would but just don't see them doing that. I see another Sotomayor looming.)

A staffer for Senator Mike Lee tweeted that there is a less than zero shot that they confirm a Obama appointee we'll see I guess.

When I heard a justice had died I immediately thought it was RBG. Finding out it was Scalia threw me.

The two were good friends even though their ideologies were often at odds. There's a lesson there, I believe.

I gave you a like for that. Classy post.

Often at odds? I think I only remember one case where they ever sided together.

I heard him speak last year. Brilliant legal mind. He always put the utmost thought into his decisions and writings, even in cases where I disagree with his conclusions.

If they can hold a replacement appointment off until a new President is elected then this will be one of the most important elections I can remember. Can't imagine who Trump would appoint. Hilary would probably appoint Bill.

VN Store

Back