Desperately seeking a college that's free of 'safe spaces'

Personally, I enjoyed my community collage days more than university. Of course, I worked and went to school part time so I was after the no muss, no fuss experience.

Perhaps that it the problem. Kids go to college for an "experience" rather than an education. A darn expensive experience that life teaches far better and cheaper.

Reactions: 1 person
Safe spaces are places where you are sheltered from people that disagree with you. The author wants to go to a school with no safe spaces, IE, he wants to be sheltered from people who disagree with him.

Yeah, he wants freedom of speech, etc. but his main beef is about Melissa Click. She was suspended for her actions. It's not like the university is condoning her.

I remember as a senior arguing against globalism (since its pushed hard in business). Back then there was no millennial safe space garbage but man some people in class sure could have used it.

Safe spaces are places where you are sheltered from people that disagree with you. The author wants to go to a school with no safe spaces, IE, he wants to be sheltered from people who disagree with him.

Yeah, he wants freedom of speech, etc. but his main beef is about Melissa Click. She was suspended for her actions. It's not like the university is condoning her.

The mob mentality on campuses is becoming increasingly more frightening. Wanting a school that doesn't do the safe space thing isn't a bad thing. The students are doing a disservice to them and everyone around them by being so illiberal.

Reactions: 1 person
There's Harvard on the Highway in Knoxville. Proud member of the Interstate Ivy League.

Really,the only safe space where you can insulate yourself from opposing viewpoints is your own home. You can turn the channel, kick opposing people out. When you get out into the real world you have to learn to deal with other viewpoints. By refusing to force adults to do this, colleges are not preparing them for the real world.

VN Store

Back