Civil Disobedience Done Right

and I don't see how the OP is civil disobedience? is there a law in the UK saying you can't do this? He is trolling and its funny but I don't see how its civil disobedience, especially considering that term elicits a group of people doing something in the public realm. jmo.

and we wonder why we have a terrible government system. chicken or the egg really but this line of thinking ain't helping.

That's really not how it works. Everyone in government has incentives to do their job in ****ty fashion, so a lot of them do. We don't really have incentives to intentionally gum up the works. Some radicals like this cinematographer and DTH might do it (or maybe he is just joking about it), but I am pretty radical and I don't do that. You can't blame government waste/ineffectiveness on that small factor.

Nice theory, though.

Reactions: 1 person
That's really not how it works. Everyone in government has incentives to do their job in ****ty fashion, so a lot of them do. We don't really have incentives to intentionally gum up the works. Some radicals like this cinematographer and DTH might do it (or maybe he is just joking about it), but I am pretty radical and I don't do that. You can't blame government waste/ineffectiveness on that small factor.

Nice theory, though.

Believe me brother I'm as radical as you'd like to be. That is until we achieve peace.

Nice theory, though.
I dunno. Every fiscal year the military has a use it or lose it mandate when it comes to TDY funds and some operational funding. So to keep our TDY flight dollars for the following year the same or see an increase, when the end of the year rolled around, we went flying just to burn gas. That is a broken system that encourages that.

I dunno. Every fiscal year the military has a use it or lose it mandate when it comes to TDY funds and some operational funding. So to keep our TDY flight dollars for the following year the same or see an increase, when the end of the year rolled around, we went flying just to burn gas. That is a broken system that encourages that.

And people call me crazy when I say the Defense budget needs reforming.

Yeah, I see that in all other areas of the government too. I believe Rand's office returned a large sum last year. It's funny that that is news, LOL.

Nice theory, though.

Thank you affirmative action/forced inclusion/diversity.

Same. We are told we have XXX amount of dollars and we have to spend it on whatever we can or else we lose that funding next year. There is no incentive to save money UNLESS its from the payroll pot but even then the savings are turned into bonuses for management.

Nice theory, though.

that was the chicken and the egg part of the comment, i have no doubt that stuff like this is a just a tiny part of it. it just seems dumb to me to complain about your cars bad gas mileage while you sit at the red light and rev the engine.

Better system? Do you honestly believe human action can be centrally planned?

planned, heck no. regulated (to an extent) yes. I agree the government has over stepped its bounds but stuff like this doesn't put them back on their side. if anything it invites more legislature.

VN Store

Back