N. Korea has successfully tested a Hydrogen bomb

GoBigOrangeUT

Kind of hot in these rhinos
Just one more thing to keep us up at night. They say they have no intention of using it unless another country threatens their sovereignty, but we all know that is likely bull****, though it doesn't appear they have yet acquired the means of delivering it intercontinentally.

I'm still amazed someone hasn't overthrown that sh***y little weeble yet.

Regardless of their dated weaponry, the fact they have a standing army of 1.2 million and reserves over 7 million make it a tall order to walk in there and take the ****er out.

They say they have no intention of using it unless another country threatens their sovereignty...

That actually seems like a rather reasonable position.

Who would want to challenge their sovereignty is the question you should be asking...

The answer to that question should keep you up at night rather than this nuke test.

If these idiots want to play in the nuclear world they need to be treated the same rules as we played by. If you don't have equal strength you get first struck. We have 200 nuclear missiles setting 2 minutes from impact in N. Korea. We need to press our advantage. You want nukes, ok we will give them to you, otherwise SFU and start dismantling.

That actually seems like a rather reasonable position.

Who would want to challenge their sovereignty is the question you should be asking...

The answer to that question should keep you up at night rather than this nuke test.

Off the top of my head, South Korea and China and to a lesser extent, Russia and Japan.

Rogue nation? Definitely. The DPRK though isn't a complete loose cannon that the US and it's Asia-Pacific allies need to be concerned of an immediate nuclear conflict. Besides, North Korea knows that any provocative nuclear action by them will result in their mutually assured destruction, not ours.

Last edited:
Regardless of their dated weaponry, the fact they have a standing army of 1.2 million and reserves over 7 million make it a tall order to walk in there and take the ****er out.

I'm thinking more along the lines of an inside job. A general or someone that's heard about his 12 holes in one on one round of golf the first time he played....

Rogue nation? Definitely. The DPRK though isn't a complete loose canon that the US and it's Asia-Pacific allies need to be concerned of an immediate nuclear conflict. Besides, North Korea knows that any provocative nuclear action by them will result in their mutually assured destruction, not ours.

Absolutely. Though we all know he doesn't give a single **** about his people so collateral damage may mean very little to him.

Time for Team 0 & Kerry to deploy a hashtag

I'd prefer if this didn't turn into another bash Obama circle jerk, though I completely understand you have a hard-on for all things Obama. Luckily, we have dozens of other threads for you to post your zingers.

Reactions: 4 people
The interest we have in North Korea is keeping Russia or China out, correct?

Probably... which means that we would be interfering in their sovereignty by trying to keep them out if they want to align with them.

Again, you are making my point. You initially tried to dance around the issue by naming Russia, China and Japan. Then you come here and admit that the US could be involved in determining who N. Korea works with.

I'm not loosing any sleep over this pos, go to bed..

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 242
Reactions: 2 people

1.2M conscripted and 7M malnourished reserves with low moral and mosin nagants isn't something for a modern military to be overly concerned with.

Reactions: 3 people
If truly thermonuclear, I'm impressed. Not a small fear for North Korea. My guess is if it was thermonuclear, it was thermonuclear fizzle.

North Korea has been doing stuff for years. When I lived in Seoul back in the late 90's there were issues with N Korean soldiers coming into S Korea pretty often. A small North Korean sub was caught in a fishing net and towed to a port in SK where in the middle of the night it sank and when brought back up all the soldiers inside were dead by apparent suicide. There was also an instance where 4 NK sailors washed ashore and had been using single man propelled underwater crafts. Then some caught in C wire and other things. Of course back then social media and a million news outlets weren't available to report it

Reactions: 1 person
Second Wave (India/Pakistan) and Third Wave (North Korea/Middle East possibly) nuclear development and proliferation are by far the most dangerous. The First Wave (traditional P5) came of age as nuclear states long ago, establishing the rules of diplomacy and engagement, and arbitrating responsible nuclear policy. These Johnny Come Latelys are still novices at nuclear diplomacy, and that should scare people. Moreover, most states in this new Third Wave will be smaller to medium-size, which means their fingers on the button may always be much more anxious in a time of crisis and confusion, knowing very well that they can't sustain the blow of a first strike the way a massive continental power like the US, Russia, or China could.

We had several incidents during the Cold War, where either the US or the Soviets could have let loose, due to a variety of factors, like confusing radar malfunctions, mixed signals, etc. for actual threats. Luckily, no one ever jumped the gun, although they easily could have. These Third Wavers won't be so patient during a satellite or radar malfunction.

We can only hope these ringers are at least rational state actors, meaning that, despite all the bluster, whining, and screaming, all they really are beneath their clothes are regimes solely concerned about their own survival and, therefore, will not actually do anything that threatens their longevity (like starting a nuclear conflagration).

Like the situation with Iran, I'm afraid this is just the new normal, and we're going to have to get used to it, unless we're willing to fight multiple idiotic, major wars around the globe at the same time.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back