#OregonUnderAttack

VolsButch98

Lol what a crock of crap. Some armed guys occupying an empty building, and blacks/Muslims condem it as terrorism. Blacks burn down parts of two different cities, assault police officers, and loot and steal from businesses, but that is calling "protesting". The amount of stupidity in this country just blows my mind, and the idiots at the top of the list are the black lives matter crowd. What a waste of oxygen.

Reactions: 9 people
The guys are nut bags and I hope like hell they are charged. You can't have crap like this going on without consequences. The cops have thus far handled it differently than other standoffs. We had a armed felony fugitive hiding in an attic here (no hostages) and the cops gave him about 2 hours and then they bulldozed the house to force him out. It was a black teen hiding in the attic and not a bunch of patriots, though.

Reactions: 5 people
The guys are nut bags and I hope like hell they are charged. You can't have crap like this going on without consequences. The cops have thus far handled it differently than other standoffs. We had a armed felony fugitive hiding in an attic here (no hostages) and the cops gave him about 2 hours and then they bulldozed the house to force him out. It was a black teen hiding in the attic and not a bunch of patriots, though.

No water, electricity or food will bring these guys out eventually. They will and should be charged -they'll get theirs. Not reason to go Ruby Ridge or Waco...

Reactions: 1 person
Lol what a crock of crap. Some armed guys occupying an empty building, and blacks/Muslims condem it as terrorism. Blacks burn down parts of two different cities, assault police officers, and loot and steal from businesses, but that is calling "protesting". The amount of stupidity in this country just blows my mind, and the idiots at the top of the list are the black lives matter crowd. What a waste of oxygen.

If the "armed guys" occupying the federal building were Muslims, would you call it terrorism?

Reactions: 6 people

You reaction is logical.... For those who steal and burn its a way of life

I've had a lot of my liberal former colleagues from UT going wild on Facebook about these individuals, white terrorism, and the media not reporting it as such. I fundamentally disagree with this, although I do wonder at the lack of media coverage thus far. (I can't imagine it won't gain further steam the longer it goes on, but it being an election year it will be more difficult.) The men are criminals, but they are not terrorists...yet. "Terrorist" is a moniker we have to be very careful with, just like using the word "racist" to make judgment calls about someone's character from a simple remark or action. Plus, typically people aren't going to go to measures like this (in this country at least) if they don't think they've been seriously wronged. So I don't think "terrorists" is a good way of describing them at the moment.

Now, this being said, there is no doubt in my mind that much of white America will largely respond to these "patriots" differently than if 150 armed members of Black Lives Matter, or some such group, were to do the same thing. In fact, while we're willing to consider these men's cause, even though we know they're committing crimes, I don't think we would be so willing to entertain the grievances of armed black people. The media, perhaps, but not white America as such. The media is one thing; white America is another. The two should not be confused with one another, although they are often related.

I'd definitely call it stupid regardless of who's doing it.

I agree completely. Just trying to instill some perspective over the OP trying to deflect and redirect to the shi**y behavior by some blacks.

Again, if these guys were Muslims - holed up with guns in a federal building, would the OP consider it terrorism?

Reactions: 3 people
If it were black farmers being encroached upon I don't think you'd see much difference in how they'd be viewed..... But this black lives matters horse **** is another story

Reactions: 7 people
I agree completely. Just trying to instill some perspective over the OP trying to deflect and redirect to the shi**y behavior by some blacks.

Again, if these guys were Muslims - holed up with guns in a federal building, would the OP consider it terrorism?

Probably not since there is such a low percentage of terrorism committed by Muslims.

Reactions: 7 people
I'm not sure anyone is being encroached upon. The Bundy guy is pissed he can't use federal land to earn a living. WTF, seriously. If that's legal I've got a nice spot in Smokies picked out for my summer retirement home.

If it were black farmers being encroached upon I don't think you'd see much difference in how they'd be viewed..... But this black lives matters horse **** is another story

Black farmers :birgits_giggle:

I tried but could not find a picture of a black man standing in a grow house or MJ field.

I knew there was a joke to be made but failed.

How would we know they are muslims unless they volunteered that information or obvious from their demands?

How would we know they are muslims unless they volunteered that information or obvious from their demands?

resize

Reactions: 2 people

The question was not open ended.

It should be easy question for those that can be intellectually honest with themselves.

Suggesting it's ok because it's just "some armed guys" in a "closed building" is awfully close to rationalizing the same behavior that the blacks used in the mutually abhorrent looting and burning of their communities. Not that one has anything to do with the other.

If it's Mooslims with guns in a federal building demanding the government cede to their wishes - is that terrorism?

Last edited:

It should be easy question for those that can be intellectually honest with themselves.

Suggesting it's ok because it's just "some armed guys" in a "closed building" is awfully close to rationalizing the same abhorrent behavior that that the blacks used in the mutually abhorrent looting and burning of their communities. Not that one has anything to do with the other.

That's rich, you asking for intellectual honesty.

Their behavior has not reached abhorrent yet, they have not assaulted anyone, destroyed public or private property, looted, burned or made any terroristic threats. As of now they are just dumb asses who will end up in jail for a time.

I see that you added a line. Are they holding hostages or making terroristic threats? Was the building occupied or in use and did they assault anyone while taking the building?

Reactions: 3 people
If the "armed guys" occupying the federal building were Muslims, would you call it terrorism?

It does sound a little funny when people call this a "federal building" as if it's downtown Washington DC or something. It's an unmanned facility used to house firefighters during the brush fire season.

And yes, I realize it's federally owned and all before you say it, Captain Obvious.

Reactions: 5 people
That's rich, you asking for intellectual honesty.

Their behavior has not reached abhorrent yet, they have not assaulted anyone, destroyed public or private property, looted, burned or made any terroristic threats. As of now they are just dumb asses who will end up in jail for a time.

I see that you added a line. Are they holding hostages or making terroristic threats? Was the building occupied or in use and did they assault anyone while taking the building?

Rich, how so? You can't answer a simple question with a yes or no.

I'd wager a paycheck if it were a handful of mooslims with guns, holed up in federal property making demands half of this board would be demanding JDAMS and whining that Obama is a sympathizer for not leveling Oregon liberals sooner.

The OP's butthurt is as misguided as your pathetic attempts to dodge the question. It's fun exposing people like you who try and rationalize the hypocrisy.

Suggesting it's ok because it's just "some armed guys" in a "closed building" is awfully close to rationalizing the same behavior that the blacks used in the mutually abhorrent looting and burning of their communities. Not that one has anything to do with the other.

If it's Mooslims with guns in a federal building demanding the government cede to their wishes - is that terrorism?
Was that a federal building in Libya?:)

American "Mooslims" or refugee "Mooslims"?

It does sound a little funny when people call this a "federal building" as if it's downtown Washington DC or something. It's an unmanned facility used to house firefighters during the brush fire season.

And yes, I realize it's federally owned and all before you say it, Captain Obvious.

I'd imagine they chose that location over something like a farmers barn or a Hess Mart. They wanted to make a statement, still, it doesn't change the premise of my question.

I would not, because it isn't. Not every act of aggression that includes mooslims is terrorism.

Thanks, finally someone with an answer. Some of the posters here are afraid to answer for some reason. Pu**ies.

Rich, how so? You can't answer a simple question with a yes or no.

I'd wager a paycheck if it were a handful of mooslims with guns, holed up in federal property making demands half of this board would be demanding JDAMS and whining that Obama is a sympathizer for not leveling Oregon liberals sooner.

The OP's butthurt is as misguided as your pathetic attempts to dodge the question. It's fun exposing people like you who try and rationalize the hypocrisy.

The only butthurt in this thread is yours.

I take it you've never been to eastern Oregon.

I would love, absolutely love for the BLM morons to take over whatever wildlife refuge building they want in eastern Oregon under one circumstance, they never leave. This country will be a much better place.

These guys are idiots, but it's retarded to compare this to real disruption.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back