List what you consider the greatest blunders that still

CountVolcula

Eternal Vol
dont equal the two time election of Barack Obama as President

You can list them as you think of them

Right of the top of my head I have

1) April 19, 1985- Coca-Cola releases New Coke and the end of the original Coke formula, only to bring it back 6 months later after boycotts in the South. This blunder actually caused Coke to gain 13% of the market share in 1986

2) The Spruce Goose- Howard Hughes'epic failure. Cost to build as of 1947 was $23,000,000. That equates to $251,000,000 today.

3) The Tocama Narrows Bridge- marvelled as an engineering masterpiece, opened on July 1st, 1940, only to collapse under a 40 mph sustained wind on November 7th, 1940. At a cost of $6.4 million, the bridge only lasted 4 months.

Reactions: 3 people
Dude, this country elected Bill Clinton and GWB 2 times also, but we are going to point to Obama as the problem?

Reactions: 5 people
Thalidomide's advertisement of safety for pregnant women in the late 50's and early 60's.

dont equal the two time election of Barack Obama as President

You can list them as you think of them

Right of the top of my head I have

1) April 19, 1985- Coca-Cola releases New Coke and the end of the original Coke formula, only to bring it back 6 months later after boycotts in the South. This blunder actually caused Coke to gain 13% of the market share in 1986

I'll do you one better on this aspect.

Crystal Pepsi

2) The Spruce Goose- Howard Hughes'epic failure. Cost to build as of 1947 was $23,000,000. That equates to $251,000,000 today.

I'd almost say the F-20 Tigershark in the aircraft realm would top the Spruce Goose. $1.2 Billion in 1986 before Northrop cancelled it.

3) The Tocama Narrows Bridge- marvelled as an engineering masterpiece, opened on July 1st, 1940, only to collapse under a 40 mph sustained wind on November 7th, 1940. At a cost of $6.4 million, the bridge only lasted 4 months.

Not sure I have a counter to this one. But along those lines would be Hashima Island. Abandoned practically overnight by Japanese workers.

JFK I believe was the one who signed off on public employees unionizing, which has resulted in an inundation of some of the most powerful special interest groups in politics.

Reactions: 2 people
Obama has done far worse for this country than either 2 of those imbeciles combined.

I'm with you on Clinton, but W was Obama. There aren't many meaningful differences. Government grew a ton. Foreign policy is a catastrophe. Government health care expansion. Massive debt. Bailouts. They are the same.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back