To Protect and to Serve II

davethevol

Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful......
Great Post

If more LEO's had this mindset, the world would be a better place. I've met some really great police, and I've met a few turds as well with one of which being a Chaplain for the Knox County Sheriff's Office (this guy was a complete douche like you wouldn't believe and was a borderline thief).

If it's the one that was working hwy 71 south of ft smith, then yes. Smoking!

They bought a bunch of cars and only put the stripes on one side of the cars. Sneaky.

Different one, this ones about 5 foot tall and built like a bulldig

This is the type of cop mentality we have to deal with, hell, this dumb cop even admits several times that McDonald wasn't walking towards the cops, but walking parallel. Plus, that 21ft rule that this cop is mentioning is for a person with his gun holstered, not a person with their gun already drawn. Plus, this cop shot McDonald within 7 seconds of driving into the scene.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QecpOQjpRJE[/youtube]

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
This is the type of cop mentality we have to deal with, hell, this dumb cop even admits several times that McDonald wasn't walking towards the cops, but walking parallel. Plus, that 21ft rule that this cop is mentioning is for a person with his gun holstered, not a person with their gun already drawn. Plus, this cop shot McDonald within 7 seconds of driving into the scene.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QecpOQjpRJE[/youtube]

7 seconds of driving up on scene...

You have no credibility.

Reactions: 1 person
Had he only shot him once, would your opinion change?

If he would have charged any of the cops... no problem.

But this cop on the interview is deliberately blurring the 21 ft rule between a cop with his gun holstered and 21 ft from an assailant and a cop with his gun in the ready and the assailant 21 ft from him. Obviously, these guys were ready for a confrontation and not just caught off guard with their gun on their sides as he charges.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
If he would have charged any of the cops... no problem.

But this cop on the interview is deliberately blurring the 21 ft rule between a cap with his gun holstered and 21 ft from an assailant and a cop with his gun in the ready and the assailant 21 ft from him. Obviously, these guys were ready for a confrontation and not just caught off guard with their gun on their sides as he charges.

Based on what I've seen...not read...I'm with you. So far.

The "21 ft standoff range -vs- a knife" rule is older than me. Nobody brings a tape measure to a call like that, so it's hard to say how the officer involved judged the distance, or thought about how close the threat really was, or wasn't.

If you drive up on to the "X", you deprive yourself of the ability to complete the "OODA Loop". Observe, Orient, Decide, and Act. That clearly happened here.

I'm not passing judgement, and I'm not defending a cop. Let's see where the full body of evidence takes us.

I would, however, be very interested in hearing the radio traffic that took place in the minutes leading up to and surrounding this incident.

That being said...16 rounds (full mag), when the subject was clearly down? Yeah, that bothers me.

I think if he'd only shot him once .... Maybe twice... It's a nonissue. You've got a guy running around wreaking havoc with a knife... Discovered later to be on pcp...creating a danger for the general public. Taking 15 seconds to empty your weapon while the guy lies almost motionless is an execution

Most of the time I get in on the first page, the thread ends up getting axed.

Why would this guy have been pulled over in the first place? Chasing him would have only created a danger to the public. He was only popping a wheelie for goodness sakes... no reason to be ticketed.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSOyy55PbMM[/youtube]

Why would this guy have been pulled over in the first place? Chasing him would have only created a danger to the public. He was only popping a wheelie for goodness sakes... no reason to be ticketed.

Reckless driving...

Keep in mind most people are stupid and have to be protected from themselves.

This guy is the type of motorcyclist that makes me not want to "look twice" for motorcycles. This is the type of motorcyclist who causes accidents.

Reckless driving...

This guy is the type of motorcyclist that makes me not want to "look twice" for motorcycles. This is the type of motorcyclist who causes accidents.

Looked to me that he was staying in his lane the entire time. How is it reckless driving?

That is an interesting comment. So I guess you have no problem with government playing nanny and making sure we make all of the right decisions with every aspect of our lives?

Yeah that's right in line with a busted tail light.
You continue to amaze....

Looked to me that he was staying in his lane the entire time. How is it reckless driving?

I was riding my bike last summer down a small country road and a SOB just like this guy came blowing past on a wheelie. Then he turned around and did it once more in each direction.
From my perspective it was wreckless as hell and incredibly rude.

Last edited:
Our police force needs to be retrained. Right now it seems that they believe they are trained a military force and the public is the enemy. Perhaps they should spend a little more time getting to know the people and business owners in their patrol areas and a little less time sitting in parking lots trying to nab speeders.

Our police force needs to be retrained. Right now it seems that they believe they are trained a military force and the public is the enemy. Perhaps they should spend a little more time getting to know the people and business owners in their patrol areas and a little less time sitting in parking lots trying to nab speeders.

The public in some communities need to respect the authority of police and follow commands... Simple things like "stop" ... It's not that hard.. When I get pulled over for speeding.. I comply

Maybe they should start sharing their donuts too

Big ass brush you are painting with here.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
The public in some communities need to respect the authority of police and follow commands... Simple things like "stop" ... It's not that hard.. When I get pulled over for speeding.. I comply

And for not obeying a command, the proper response is to empty your magazine as the assailant is walking away from (or parallel to) you?

We could probably learn something from Colombian cops... Amazing thing is that the cop dropped his night stick as he charged the guy. Nobody died.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYsXbJPWCNo[/youtube]

VN Store

Back