Turkish F-16 shoots down Russian military jet

There are American, French, Saudi and god knows who else flying war planes around that area and Turkey has its finger on the trigger? They actually thought they were in danger of attack or just a principle thing? Very strange.

I predicted this exact scenario 2 months ago...Russians have had absolutely no respect for anyone's airsp as ce and seem to even provoke the turks...they h eldradar lock on 4 Turkish f16s for 5 minutes...there will be hell to pay for this though.

Gen 3 or maybe Gen 4. Turkish f16s are no match for Gen 5 Russian air superiority fighters. Only our updated F15s and stealth fighters are. They will probably shoot down several Turkish fighters as payback, then lie and say the Turks were in Syrian airspace. Bullcrap commie bastards.

I predicted this exact scenario 2 months ago...Russians have had absolutely no respect for anyone's airsp as ce and seem to even provoke the turks...they h eldradar lock on 4 Turkish f16s for 5 minutes...there will be hell to pay for this though.

Gen 3 or maybe Gen 4. Turkish f16s are no match for Gen 5 Russian air superiority fighters. Only our updated F15s and stealth fighters are. They will probably shoot down several Turkish fighters as payback, then lie and say the Turks were in Syrian airspace. Bullcrap commie bastards.

Get out of the cold war, dude...

Reactions: 4 people

Russia doesn't have a Gen 5 yet as I understand things. The T-50 is supposed to fill that role eventually but unless I'm missing something is not in service. Su-35's are around (a 4+ Gen) but I don't know how many and where they'd be deployed.

Turkey should be the main country handling the ISIS problem not the coalition, it is happening on their border. The least they could do is stand down while we others protect them.

As much as I'd love Russia to start nuclear war in the middle east we have too many American service people there right now.

Yeah just who has he taken on?

Glad to hear you don't fall for the Putin cult philosophy. Once you go full Putin cult, you never come back to reality.

Honestly, and this is a completely serious statement, what has Putin done that Obama hasn't, other than taking a decidedly more aggressive tone to his public statements?

As far as I can tell that's the only difference - that he just sounds "tougher," which means very little in reality.

Reactions: 2 people
Glad to hear you don't fall for the Putin cult philosophy. Once you go full Putin cult, you never come back to reality.

Honestly, and this is a completely serious statement, what has Putin done that Obama hasn't, other than taking a decidedly more aggressive tone to his public statements?

As far as I can tell that's the only difference - that he just sounds "tougher," which means very little in reality.

Obviously nothing means anything to you unless it contains the herd mentality. TOP is right in saying we'd be better off with Putin than Obama...

Reactions: 1 person
Obviously nothing means anything to you unless it contains the herd mentality. TOP is right in saying we'd be better off with Putin than Obama...

So you think the US would be better off if we had a de facto monarch, who kills the American people (and doesn't really even try to hide the fact), usurps power from the legislature that would make even Obama green with envy, lies about absolutely everything, and steals from his own country to the tune of possibly some hundreds of billions of dollars for himself and his old KGB hack buddies?

You know, I'm beginning to think you don't really want what's best for this country after all. Either that or you're just extremely misguided. It's one or the other.

So you think the US would be better off if we had a de facto monarch, who kills the American people (and doesn't really even try to hide the fact), usurps power from the legislature that would make even Obama green with envy, lies about absolutely everything, and steals from his own country to the tune of possibly some hundreds of billions of dollars for himself and his old KGB hack buddies?

You know, I'm beginning to think you don't really want what's best for this country after all. Either that or you're just extremely misguided. It's one or the other.

I thought you were talking about Obama until you got to the KGB hack portion.

My bad.

And you didn't answer the question I posited there. You just went to your typical cliched supply of livestock accusations.

What has Putin done on the world stage that's any different than what Obama has done, other than just sound tougher in public?

He doesn't curtsy to foreign leaders

VN Store

Back