MSNBC's Poster Boy Arrested in Turkey as Part of ISIS Cell

IBlvNTmWrk

Dawn of a New Day
MSNBC's 'No-Fly List Is Islamophobia' Poster Boy Arrested in Turkey as Part of ISIS Cell

A man, who just two years ago was the poster boy for the far-Left media's attacks against the U.S. government's no-fly list for "unfairly" targeting Muslims, finds himself and several family members sitting in a Turkish prison -- arrested earlier this month near the Turkey-Syria border as members of an ISIS cell.

His story got considerable media attention when his CAIR media representatives here pushed the story that Long wanted to return to his native Oklahoma from his current home in Qatar to visit his ailing mother but couldn't because he was on the TSA's no-fly list. They said his case represented institutional "Islamophobia."

Very surprised that LG had not already created this thread as he is typically so quick to point out media (cough... only if it's Fox... cough) mistakes. Shocked I tell you... shocked.

Reactions: 10 people
I haven't figured out how CAIR hasn't been delegated as a terrorist organization yet. They clearly have ties to them.

Reactions: 6 people
Slightly OT, but somewhat relevant:

Muslim float sparks Veterans Day Parade controversy - Tulsa World: Local

The Wednesday Tulsa Veterans Day Parade will have a new element this year: controversy. The controversy erupted when it became public that the Oklahoma branch of the Council on American-Islamic Relations will have a float in the parade.

The controversy surfaced Oct. 30 when Larry Williamson, a member of the Tulsa 912 Project, a conservative pro-American organization marching in the parade, protested CAIR’s participation.

He said CAIR is linked to Muslim Brotherhood terrorism, a charge that CAIR denies. The Muslim Brotherhood is a transnational Sunni Islamist organization that is considered a terrorist organization by several Mideast nations. Williamson called it “atrocious” to ask veterans to “march alongside people who represent our enemies in a current war.”

I haven't seen any legit news agency pick this story up. I would like to see that before I jump on the band wagon.

MSNBC's 'No-Fly List Is Islamophobia' Poster Boy Arrested in Turkey as Part of ISIS Cell

Very surprised that LG had not already created this thread as he is typically so quick to point out media (cough... only if it's Fox... cough) mistakes. Shocked I tell you... shocked.

First, when have I EVER criticized the no fly list or efforts to identify people that need to be on it? I'm all for that. And it looks like they put him on there more than a few times.

Second, you do realize he has been arrested, right? Just arrested? And in Turkey? You seem awfully willing to assume the worst in ... dubious circumstances.

Third, do I really need to put some pics or stories on here about some of the folks that have been on Fox and subsequently discredited? I don't think the right necessarily wants that competition.

Reactions: 1 person
First, when have I EVER criticized the no fly list or efforts to identify people that need to be on it? I'm all for that. And it looks like they put him on there more than a few times.

Second, you do realize he has been arrested, right? Just arrested? And in Turkey? You seem awfully willing to assume the worst in ... dubious circumstances.

Third, do I really need to put some pics or stories on here about some of the folks that have been on Fox and subsequently discredited? I don't think the right necessarily wants that competition.

He was on a No-Fly list for a reason...

Reactions: 2 people
News flash, LG flying to Turkey to provide legal representation to poor persecuted MSNBC poster boy.

Could happen.

News flash, LG flying to Turkey to provide legal representation to poor persecuted MSNBC poster boy.

Could happen.

1DjsUO1.jpg

why don't you give us some example about the folks on foxnews being discredited. (the new people, not the opinion people)

gator, fact is, you and your party will support any radical group, whether it's isis or blacklivesmatter, as long as it's anti-American

Reactions: 4 people
why don't you give us some example about the folks on foxnews being discredited. (the new people, not the opinion people)

gator, fact is, you and your party will support any radical group, whether it's isis or blacklivesmatter, as long as it's anti-American

This is just an example of dumb.

Liberals aren't anti american. Arming the terrorists and repressive regimes is in the republican playbook.

As far as black lives matter... there is a large segment of our society that believes police behave in a racist manner. They hold this belief because of events they witness on a daily basis. Myself, I believe that police treat disadvantaged people differently because they have no power, but that doesn't change the perception in the black communities. It really doesn't matter which is the root the problem because this movement is changing the way police are taught to interact with citizens which is a positive thing, in my book. Police need to understand that in 99.99999% of their interactions with the populace that they do not need a military approach to the situation.

I am not here to defend the rioting because there is no defense to tearing down a community, but I do believe that the rioting was the result of the actions of people that did not care about the cause. They were just looking for an excuse to tear stuff up and loot businesses.

This is just an example of dumb.

Liberals aren't anti american.

They absolutely are anti-American. They hate its history and everything that makes it great. There's a reason Obama went on his apology tour and why he said he wanted to transform this country. There's a reason Reverend Wright said damn America.

Reactions: 5 people
They absolutely are anti-American. They hate its history and everything that makes it great. There's a reason Obama went on his apology tour and why he said he wanted to transform this country. There's a reason Reverend Wright said damn America.

Republicans think the work on social issues is complete. Liberals recognize that more change is needed. I fail to see how advocating for more tolerance is a bad thing. As for hating history... they just want history taught. George Washington Carver was about the lone black man in the history books when I went to school. When the civil rights era was taught it seemed that JFK was responsible for social change.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Republicans think the work on social issues is complete. Liberals recognize that more change is needed. I fail to see how advocating for more tolerance is a bad thing. As for hating history... they just want history taught. George Washington Carver was about the lone black man in the history books when I went to school. When the civil rights era was taught it seemed that JFK was responsible for social change.

Who, whoa, whoa.

The movement now trying to limit speech and of course the creation of hate spaces is not a movement towards tolerance. It's a straight up movement for intolerance.

Reactions: 6 people

More tolerance of what? We tolerate dam near anything now.

Reactions: 5 people

Social issues? Like what?

VN Store

Back