John Kerry Steps Right in it

volinbham

VN GURU
“There’s something different about what happened from Charlie Hebdo, and I think everybody would feel that,” Kerry said. “There was a sort of particularized focus and perhaps even a legitimacy in terms of — not a legitimacy, but a rationale that you could attach yourself to somehow and say, ‘OK, they’re really angry because of this and that.’ This Friday was absolutely indiscriminate. It wasn’t to aggrieve one particular sense of wrong. It was to terrorize people.”

Charlie Hebdo had it coming?

Reactions: 1 person
I can understand what he's trying to say

It's like a guy gunning down another guy for cheating with his wife. There was a cause and effect

Unlike if some guy jumps out and shoots a guy for no apparent reason other than being a psychopath

They were quite different attacks. I think that was his point.

I halfway agree. At a minimum it is a gaffe suggesting that we get it why Charlie Hebdo got it. But even there it comes across like it is understandable that the response to a cartoon that offends you is to slaughter anyone that had something to do with it.

It begs the question of why you wouldn't state both are absolute nuts.

It's like a guy gunning down another guy for cheating with his wife. There was a cause and effect

Unlike if some guy jumps out and shoots a guy for no apparent reason other than being a psychopath

But they were both attacks motivated by ISIS and had ISIS connections.

Its nothing like a guy cheating with wife, its more like a guy drawing a picture of a guys wife who he does not even know.

Reactions: 5 people

It's still a tacit admission that being offended by someone's artistic expression is somehow "rationale" for murdering them.

It's an extremely miscalculated blunder at best.

Reactions: 2 people
It's still a tacit admission that being offended by someone's artistic expression is somehow "rationale" for murdering them.

It's an extremely miscalculated blunder at best.

better way of saying what I was thinking

Yeah, we all step in dog**** from time to time
I'm more concerned with perfecting this recipe for Shrimp Chili with Wild Turkey rare breed

(If you step in dog ****, take off the offended shoe and stick it in your buddy's mailbox)

It would be like France saying we deserved the attacks on the WTC. Just an epic blunder

We did make fun of them a lot. For wearing turtlenecks, and thinking they could just build an impenetrable wall to keep the germans out.

Maybe our political elite should stop acting like faux-euro monarchs on laudanum

Reactions: 2 people
looking back on the comment it fails too because ISIS clearly stated that this was in retaliation for French involvement in the attacks on them. So both have "rationale" in the words of Kerry.

VN Store

Back