Post your SPECIFIC alternatives to current ISIS approach here

lawgator1

Troops on the ground?

How many? Where, exactly? Mission, specifically?

More drone strikes?

How many? Of whom? Names, please.

Build a coalition?

Of whom, that isn't already in it? And what is the purpose?

Harsher rhetoric?

What good does that do? ISIS will suddenly see the error of their ways?

Be specific. That is the key.

Reactions: 1 person
Bring all our troops home and cooperate/coordinate (intelligence-wise) with France and Europe to find the guys that did this and prevent other attacks.

Reactions: 4 people
Troops on the ground?

How many? Where, exactly? Mission, specifically?

More drone strikes?

How many? Of whom? Names, please.

Build a coalition?

Of whom, that isn't already in it? And what is the purpose?

Harsher rhetoric?

What good does that do? ISIS will suddenly see the error of their ways?

Be specific. That is the key.

be specific so that we can forward these ideas to the President, then we are allowed to criticize his current plan

I'm interested in your plan. Let's hear it?

Any chance of getting to see the intelligence briefs?

Kinda hard to come up with a detailed plan of action without some background.

BTW you're idea of abandoning the region will only embolden them.

Any chance of getting to see the intelligence briefs?

Kinda hard to come up with a detailed plan of action without some background.

BTW you're idea of abandoning the region will only embolden them.

Weird, that's what happens when we occupy their region, too.

Reactions: 7 people
Bring all our troops home and cooperate/coordinate (intelligence-wise) with France and Europe to find the guys that did this and prevent other attacks.

This doesn't address the issue of radicalism and ideology, which must be countered in some shape or form long-term, but, honestly, this approach is much better than what has become our de facto "go to" approach we've taken in this global war on terror: ground forces, endless bombing, holding territory like its a conventional war, etc.

I don't know how long it will take our politicians and foreign policy establishment to figure out that you can't fight a damn conventional war against terrorism. All it does it perpetuate it, and you just lose the lives of your own guys and a lot of money in the process for little to no results. It's like we've been using a Cold War "Red Army tanks sweeping through the Fulda Gap" paradigm to combat a bunch of radical ideologues hiding among women and children.

I'm interested in your plan. Let's hear it?

Suspend all immigration including refugees, build a wall / contain the border and actually listen to intelligence briefings and not be so damn arrogant to our allies, strike while the iron is hot so to speak. It's all moot because until this pos prez is gone nothing is going to change.

Reactions: 3 people
This

And this with a load of these

Toss a few of these just because they're cool.

And a few hundred sorties of these doing this just for fun.

ICBMs to counter ISIS?

okkkkaaaayyyyyy

At any rate,none of this is specific. You are not explaining what should be done with these items. Who, specifically, should be attacked. Where. And on and on.

Reactions: 2 people
ICBMs to counter ISIS?

okkkkaaaayyyyyy

At any rate,none of this is specific. You are not explaining what should be done with these items. Who, specifically, should be attacked. Where. And on and on.

Who on here is privy to Intel in regards to the actions of Isis?

According to the GOP, it was the bringing home of the troops (who should not have been there in the first place) that caused this.

Reactions: 3 people
Who on here is privy to Intel in regards to the actions of Isis?

Not me.

But we are attacking them via drone strikes and bombings every single day. Now, I wish we were more effective. I wish we could readily identify them and attack with 100 % success all the time.

But that is not reality. And the notion that we are sitting on our hands and not trying is just ridiculous.

This doesn't address the issue of radicalism and ideology, which must be countered in some shape or form long-term, but, honestly, this approach is much better than what has become our de facto "go to" approach we've taken in this global war on terror: ground forces, endless bombing, holding territory like its a conventional war, etc.

I don't know how long it will take our politicians and foreign policy establishment to figure out that you can't fight a damn conventional war against terrorism. All it does it perpetuate it, and you just lose the lives of your own guys and a lot of money in the process for little to no results. It's like we've been using a Cold War "Red Army tanks sweeping through the Fulda Gap" paradigm to combat a bunch of radical ideologues hiding among women and children.

There are no good solutions that include our active involvement. We can't change the ME from the inside out. Just pull out, defend against terrorism without foreign occupation, and try to get as friendly as possible. Lift trade sanctions, open up communication channels, etc. That's how you influence their culture. Nobody wants to be forced upon, even if it is for the better.

ICBMs to counter ISIS?

okkkkaaaayyyyyy

How in the **** are any of us to know this?

VN Store

Back