Are Old Testament Stories Allegory or Literal History?

ClearwaterVol

Jonah, Noah, Moses, King Solomon etc. Do you believe them to be historically accurate or more of a collection of parables?

some are more or less based on real events. There probably was a great flood at some point around the "time" of Noah. Multiple cultures around the globe report similar instances at roughly the same time. Now did he build a giant boat and have animals go 2 by 2 and that being the first rainbow, no. others are probably complete phooey or true stories that grew legs and went for a walk. Moses: Egypt probably did have a time of plague, locust, frogs etc etc. but it probably wasn't one big event. Water turning to blood, was probably a naturally occurring event where water was turned red, so on and so forth.

Reactions: 3 people
You wouldn't make it in.

If I weren't so bogged down with kids scouts, soccer, cross country, track and football - I'd consider that a challenge and accept it.

I'd bring Fife, MP, Volsportsfan and a few of the other militant rabble rousers along for the ride. Perhaps start a fifth column.

12869128.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Freemasons bungled the Gruden hire? I knew they nefarious!

The opposite actually. We put pressure on ESPN to let him out of his contract or else.

We made our demands and all were met. Except the UT administration messed up their end. Cheek was so scared, he picked his nose on national television, it's a nervous tick he has.

My European brothers botched the Obama presidency. They were supposed to have control over him. Seems they don't. All those brothers have been brought up on compliance issues.

VN Store

Back