Clock boy moving

They probably will provide terrorist training to him and send him back to the US. They'll use his arrest as a reason for him to take vengeance. This won't be the last we hear of him.

Reactions: 2 people
Good chance for him to observe the freedom, openness and tolerance of sharia.

Indeed. The intolerant Americans drove him to this. But the good thing is this school over in Qatar now has a genius in their midst. If someone can get him an already made bomb he can show them how to put it in a new package and make it look homemade.

Reactions: 1 person
Can't find the prisoner swap for him in the news anywhere. GOVT. hiding this exchange this time?

giphy.gif

Hopefully this become a trend!

Reactions: 3 people
seeking an apology and $15million?

I think they should get the apology - "we're sorry, you ain't getting shizz. Have fun in Qatar"

I'm wondering if these kids are going to get an invite to the White House?

Pope Blesses Kid-Built Satellite Bound for Space

A tiny satellite built by grade schoolers may get a little help from above during its launch toward the International Space Station Thursday (Dec. 3).

STMSat-1, a cubesat built by students at the St. Thomas More (STM) Cathedral School in Arlington, Virginia, is scheduled to blast off aboard Orbital ATK's uncrewed Cygnus cargo spacecraft Thursday at 5:55 p.m. EST (2255 GMT) from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida.

All 400 students at STM, which educates children from pre-K through eighth grade, participated in the design, construction and testing of the cubesat, NASA officials said.

So we reward a child who takes apart a clock and puts it into a different case with an invitation to the White House. But for a bunch of grade school kids that build a working satellite?

So we reward a child who takes apart a clock and puts it into a different case with an invitation to the White House. But for a bunch of grade school kids that build a working satellite?

Perhaps the invitation will come.

But I agree about Clock Boy. That was one of the most idiotic and poor episodes of the recent "American Cultural History" series that is apparently all of our lives now under 24/7 media scrutiny. The more I learn about that family, the more I realize how disassembling a clock's innards and presenting it as an original construct was considered perfectly appropriate behavior.

The launch was scrubbed yesterday. Rainy here today, so I doubt it will go, but if you are interested, here is a link to a webcam view and the countdown journal. You can watch it here when it DOES go. I'll go out in the yard. :rock:

Live coverage: Atlas 5 countdown and launch journal | Spaceflight Now

Elementary kids. wow. Probably don't have a clue how to disassemble an AK47 or perform a hook shot though.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back