McCarthy Out

Fox News is told McCarthy simply said it was not his time. McCarthy faced opposition from some conservative members and groups, but was thought to have more than enough support to win the party's nomination in the vote initially set for Thursday.

I want him to be running for President.

No chance the country votes for a gremlin to be president.

450436926-rep-trey-gowdy-speaks-during-a-hearing-before-the-house.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

latest

Reactions: 2 people
What's the chance that Paul Ryan changes his mind?

I doubt anyone wants it, its a hot potato for the GOP right now.

If you pass a CR to fund the government despite the Planned Parenthood warpath folks, you get branded as caving in and the TPers hate you worse than Boehner.

If you don't pass the CR and the economy collapses, everyone else blames you.

And that's just in your first couple of weeks on the job!

Reactions: 1 person
I doubt anyone wants it, its a hot potato for the GOP right now.

If you pass a CR to fund the government despite the Planned Parenthood warpath folks, you get branded as caving in and the TPers hate you worse than Boehner.

If you don't pass the CR and the economy collapses, everyone else blames you.

And that's just in your first couple of weeks on the job!

From the interviews I watched as they were coming out of the caucus the main complaint about Boehner and fear McCarty would continue is the consolidation of power in Speaker. Apparently Boehner was circumventing and making up new rules for bills to reach the floor and committees.

I just heard this and literally laughed out loud. There is NO WAY the TP wing of the GOP would ever allow him to be Speaker.

As every political nerd knows, the Constitution doesn't require that the Speaker of the House be a member of Congress. And (gasp) Romney is eligible. But I don't see him going for the most thankless job in Washington. So you may sleep good knowing that.

As every political nerd knows, the Constitution doesn't require that the Speaker of the House be a member of Congress. And (gasp) Romney is eligible. But I don't see him going for the most thankless job in Washington. So you may sleep good knowing that.

I'll sleep no better or worse, though I may convert my 401k to cash.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back