Tennessee County May Ask God To Spare Them And Smite Someone Else

"That is not a primary characteristic of the God I know and love," Ginny West Case, a retired Christian educator in the United Methodist Church, told the Daily Times, a local newspaper. "I’m tired of God being used as a battering ram. The Bible, over and over, tells us God is the God of love and grace and mercy." She added: "I think the wrath of God is more inclined to fall on those people who are so condemning and judgmental."

I am at least happy that there are religious people in Blount County speaking out.

Reactions: 4 people
She added: "I think the wrath of God is more inclined to fall on those people who are so condemning and judgmental."[/B]

Good call lady. :good!:

55ce73c1irony-7.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
I was thinking this was also the location of the Scopes Monkey Trial, it isn't. oh well, i guess that much bible stupid can't be squeezed into one place.

Reactions: 1 person
It's not a county way out in the boonies, it's in the Knoxville metro area.

Brave? Nothing brave about not giving such nonsense a platform. This got far more attention than it deserves, much like the Westboro Baptists. Hell, there was even a rally with music and everything. And the Commission basically looked at this, chuckled, and said go away, the adults are talking.

VN Store

Back