electric bill

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
could somebody explain how much Obama's coal policy is going to cost me in the future ? I know it was shockingly high last year and I assume it will be worse this year and what else did he do to cause the rise in cost ?

and I assume it will probably get worse,after he has left office,am I wrong or what ? Part of the reason that I cut the satellite dish off was because of the rising price of electricity and the need to spend more cash at the grocery store

I'm in a no win situation and i can't see it getting any better

could somebody explain how much Obama's coal policy is going to cost me in the future ? I know it was shockingly high last year and I assume it will be worse this year and what else did he do to cause the rise in cost ?

and I assume it will probably get worse,after he has left office,am I wrong or what ? Part of the reason that I cut the satellite dish off was because of the rising price of electricity and the need to spend more cash at the grocery store

Not sure about your original question.

Do you use electric heat?

If yes, a wood stove or fireplace insert might be worth considering.

It would take a utility company spending a few billion dollars in order for the rate payers to actually see a difference in price per kilowatt. If your electric bills have been unusually high, it is probably because your usage has peaked for some reason. Unseasonable weather? If AC evap coils are blocked. Also, unseasonable moisture can make it feel hotter or colder than it actually is, causing you to have to set your heat or ac at more extreme temperatures to compensate.

Reactions: 1 person

Thermal coal prices are currently lower than they were in 2009. The price of coal is not the problem.

Few things for high bills during summer with AC.

First off what temp are you running at? Down here in Florida I keep my house at 80 from 12pm to 8pm (peak rate hours) then drop it down to 78 (or lower depending on how much I've been drinking) from 8pm til noon.

Secondly how is your AC system running? Your drip line could be plugged which would cause your AC to just keep coming on then off. Your condensor fan could be shot which would let your AC kick on and keep running but without really cooling anything down. A thorough check of your AC components would be a good idea.

In Florida running a pool 8 hours a day and my A/C pretty much all day my bills never went much over $200. I installed one of them fancy wifi learning thermostats and literally saw a $40 drop in my bill last month.

Remember the highest rates kick in at 12pm and usually end at 8pm. I laundry and dishes before/after those times.

Not sure about your original question.

Do you use electric heat?

If yes, a wood stove or fireplace insert might be worth considering.

yes I use electric heat,if the old back could stand it,i would defiantly be burning wood

i had a wood burner years ago and loved it,but due to a major dose of arthritis,that isn't going to happen now

yes I use electric heat,if the old back could stand it,i would defiantly be burning wood

i had a wood burner years ago and loved it,but due to a major dose of arthritis,that isn't going to happen now

As an old codger in training, I have experienced some back discomfort, too. On cold days, try keeping the thermostat turned down and add a heating pad to your favorite easy chair. The heating pad is great for your back and keeps you warm so the cooler ambient temp is OK.

First off what temp are you running at? Down here in Florida I keep my house at 80 from 12pm to 8pm (peak rate hours) then drop it down to 78 (or lower depending on how much I've been drinking) from 8pm til noon.

Secondly how is your AC system running? Your drip line could be plugged which would cause your AC to just keep coming on then off. Your condensor fan could be shot which would let your AC kick on and keep running but without really cooling anything down. A thorough check of your AC components would be a good idea.

In Florida running a pool 8 hours a day and my A/C pretty much all day my bills never went much over $200. I installed one of them fancy wifi learning thermostats and literally saw a $40 drop in my bill last month.

Remember the highest rates kick in at 12pm and usually end at 8pm. I laundry and dishes before/after those times.
We need to change how we operate our pump........our electric bill was 510 this past month

As an old codger in training, I have experienced some back discomfort, too. On cold days, try keeping the thermostat turned down and add a heating pad to your favorite easy chair. The heating pad is great for your back and keeps you warm so the cooler ambient temp is OK.

I do that,I keep the temp at 68 and turn it down to 58 when I go to sleep

and i am able to usually turn the AC off at night during the summer,I just run it during the summer mainly when my sinuses are acting up at night,I live in the foot hills of Clinch Mountain,I'm going to try and burn some propane this winter on the bitter cold nights and see if that helps any

You should expand your sources of information. The Washington Examiner is a political web site dedicated to spreading right wing propaganda.

The Washington Examiner is owned Philip Anschutz who allows only conservative columns and conservative op-ed writers.

Hardly an unbiased source of information.

Reactions: 4 people
You should expand your sources of information. The Washington Examiner is a political web site dedicated to spreading right wing propaganda.

The Washington Examiner is owned Philip Anschutz who allows only conservative columns and conservative op-ed writers.

Hardly an unbiased source of information.

Lol it wasn't supposed to be unbiased news. I'm sure he got this right off drudge link.

Reactions: 2 people
We need to change how we operate our pump........our electric bill was 510 this past month

omg!

Well I have a single speed 1.5HP pump for a 20,000 gallon pool. I just run it from 9am to 3pm. I'd run it longer (and earlier in the morning) if the damn pump wasn't near my bedroom window. The relay clicking on wakes me up everytime...but my pump is old..

Also with like a Nest or similar smart thermostat it can be set up to sense when you get home (your cellphone) and only cool to a specific temp when people are home. I like the wifi thermostat because I can keep it warm in my house while I'm at work then begin the cool down an hour before I come home. Saves me $.

Sounds like your utility is utilizing "time of use" rates... I thought they only did that outside of the US. I didn't know there were utilities here that did it, also (unless you have a smart meter in your home, then it would make sense).

Sounds like your utility is utilizing "time of use" rates... I thought they only did that outside of the US. I didn't know there were utilities here that did it, also (unless you have a smart meter in your home, then it would make sense).

yeah I got smart meters in my house. I have my water heater, pool pump, and AC hooked up to some metering system where they can shut it off. But rates do change depending on time of day. noon to 8pm..those are the bad hours.

yeah I got smart meters in my house. I have my water heater, pool pump, and AC hooked up to some metering system where they can shut it off. But rates do change depending on time of day. noon to 8pm..those are the bad hours.

Yeah, that is typical of smart meters.

VN Store

Back