The GOP Debate # 2 Thread

VOLS INC.

President/CEO
9-16 @ 6pm EST for the "kiddie table"

The main event starts at 8pm EST

Recently, attacking Trump is the strategy.

Will we get some substance and details to take away from this debate? Or does everyone think this is going to be mudslinging mania?

Will we get some substance and details to take away from this debate? Or does everyone think this is going to be mudslinging mania?
Likely to be the American Idol format that the first one was. Does anybody really expect the questions to have any real substance? The first one was a freaking joke. How would you expect the potential representative of the conservative base to answer questions about Planned Parenthood? What a joke.

Likely to be the American Idol format that the first one was. Does anybody really expect the questions to have any real substance? The first one was a freaking joke. How would you expect the potential representative of the conservative base to answer questions about Planned Parenthood? What a joke.

I actually thought once they got past the initial boobery, there was some substantive discussion. Not a lot of specifics, I'll grant you, and I suspect that a panel from CNN, rather than the potted plants they put up there from Fox, may not let answers go if the candidates refuse to get specific.

Reactions: 1 person
I actually thought once they got past the initial boobery, there was some substantive discussion. Not a lot of specifics, I'll grant you, and I suspect that a panel from CNN, rather than the potted plants they put up there from Fox, may not let answers go if the candidates refuse to get specific.

Candy Crowley set the bar so low that Tapper and company shouldn't have any problem.

Looking forward to how Ben Carson and kasich (sp?) Do after their first debate. Hope they both continue to do well. Really hoping Rand does better... But not holding my breathe.

Looking forward to how Ben Carson and kasich (sp?) Do after their first debate. Hope they both continue to do well. Really hoping Rand does better... But not holding my breathe.

I think Carson has probably maxed out his support at this point. He's got his chunk of the religious right, but there's really not a lot of space left for him to find more votes.

Reactions: 3 people
I think Carson has probably maxed out his support at this point. He's got his chunk of the religious right, but there's really not a lot of space left for him to find more votes.

this comment likely cemented his catapult into the #1 spot. thanks lg!

this comment likely cemented his catapult into the #1 spot. thanks lg!

giphy.gif

Probably some of that, but mostly useless rhetoric about restoring America's greatness {applause}.

I'm with LG. I perceive Carson to have a pretty low ceiling. He's not realistic. His main objective seems to be "seal all 4 borders". It's only worth it to worry about southern and attempting all 4 would not be remotely fiscally conservative.

Fiscal conservatives see right through him.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm with LG. I perceive Carson to have a pretty low ceiling. He's not realistic. His main objective seems to be "seal all 4 borders". It's only worth it to worry about southern and attempting all 4 would not be remotely fiscally conservative.

Fiscal conservatives see right through him.

I have a feeling that despite all the Immigration talk from both parties....nothing will get done no matter who wins. I am not that old but it seems like Illegal Immigration and securing the border goes out the window as soon as the winner is declared.

Fiorini, Walker,Rubio, and Kasich have the most to gain. Carson the most to lose. Trump will stay where he is. Sane with Bush.

pfffffftttt

I have a feeling that despite all the Immigration talk from both parties....nothing will get done no matter who wins. I am not that old but it seems like Illegal Immigration and securing the border goes out the window as soon as the winner is declared.

Yeah, it's one of those things that doesn't matter because nothing ever changes, but voters put so much emphasis on it.

When is the Dems debate gonna be hosted by FOX?
Oh wait, they'd never agree to that would they?

That's probably the first time you've ever said that.

LOL. Question, though. It feels to me like Trump's criticism of Bush and his energy level is resonating. Even with 150 milly in the bank and moderate states left to go, where is the enthusiasm for him? HRC has similar problems in the Dem party, but the level of shrug you seem to get from GOPers about Bush is remarkable at this point.

LOL. Question, though. It feels to me like Trump's criticism of Bush and his energy level is resonating. Even with 150 milly in the bank and moderate states left to go, where is the enthusiasm for him? HRC has similar problems in the Dem party, but the level of shrug you seem to get from GOPers about Bush is remarkable at this point.

Jeb is pretty much the GOP equal of Al Gore (minus the nutty environmental side) He could put an entire hospital wing of insomniacs to sleep just by talking. Grass growing seems about NASCAR paced in comparison to the excitement he brings.

Jeb is pretty much the GOP equal of Al Gore (minus the nutty environmental side) He could put an entire hospital wing of insomniacs to sleep just by talking. Grass growing seems about NASCAR paced in comparison to the excitement he brings.

I've always had a hard time figuring out jeb. This is about spot on.

Seems accurate.

Who do you think gets the nomination?

Spot on!

VN Store

Back