Kim Davis

Septic

ヽ༼ ಠ益ಠ ༽ノ ( ఠ ͟ʖ ఠ)
Lab Rat
I'm a bit surprised no one has mentioned her in four days.

More notably than her is the fact that a number of presidential hopefuls are rallying behind her and specifically supporting her defiance of the judicial order that she and her employees recognize the SCOTUS ruling over what most would consider a cornerstone of the American society, the Constitution. #runonsentence

So far Jindal, Cruz and Huck are all down with Kim's Westboro'esqe shenanigans. In fact Huck's visit to the Carter County Jail is causing the small town to close schools due to traffic and road closures due to his photo op visit.

When did it become OK for presidential candidates to condone and encourage citizens to ignore the Constitution and disobey judges?

Reactions: 10 people

More notably than her is the fact that a number of presidential hopefuls are rallying behind her and specifically supporting her defiance of the judicial order that she and her employees recognize the SCOTUS ruling over what most would consider a cornerstone of the American society, the Constitution. #runonsentence

So far Jindal, Cruz and Huck are all down with Kim's Westboro'esqe shenanigans. In fact Huck's visit to the Carter County Jail is causing the small town to close schools due to traffic and road closures due to his photo op visit.

When did it become OK for presidential candidates to condone and encourage citizens to ignore the Constitution and disobey judges?

Anytime a candidate supports sanctuary cities?

Reactions: 5 people
I certainly do not support her and think she should be removed from the job but jail without bail is over the top IMHO.

Amazing how "rule of law" is only important when it's an issue that one agrees with (left and right guilty here). Principle is secondary to ideology again and again.

Reactions: 2 people
Also, have there been judicial orders ordering the sanctuary cities to "not be"?

Directly? Not sure. There have been several upholding that immigration is the provence of the Federal government and that local laws at odds with Federal laws are invalid.

Bottomline, the courts have shown municipalities cannot violate immigration law and sanctuary cities clearly do. The fact that the Fed isn't trying to enforce this is irrelevant to the question.

You really compare her refusing to issue a license to the Westboro group?

Seriously?

Did I miss where she was protesting at soldier's funerals? Did I miss the "God hates ****" sign on her desk? And do you really think she deserved to be tossed into jail?

Huckabee, Jindhal, and Cruz are all disqualified from being POTUS, or really from holding any elected office, at this point.

Reactions: 9 people
Directly? Not sure. There have been several upholding that immigration is the provence of the Federal government and that local laws at odds with Federal laws are invalid.

Bottomline, the courts have shown municipalities cannot violate immigration law and sanctuary cities clearly do. The fact that the Fed isn't trying to enforce this is irrelevant to the question.

Given that the premise of the question was directly attributed to the support of defying judicial orders and the Constitution - I'd say that it isn't irrelevant at all.

I'm not surprised by the revelation that Sanders and Clinton would support sanctuary cities. Advocation for breaking the law is reprehensible.

Given that the premise of the question was directly attributed to the support of defying judicial orders and the Constitution - I'd say that it isn't irrelevant at all.

I'm not surprised by the revelation that Sanders and Clinton would support sanctuary cities. Advocation for breaking the law is reprehensible.

So in the end we have conservatives supporting one form of breaking the law and democrats supporting another.

They all suck and all are wrong.

There is a difference in violating a law vs not enforcing a law. Several states have decided to stop enforcing federal drug laws by legalizing marijuana. Are they violating federal law, or just choosing not to enforce it?

Reactions: 1 person
Thank god Kim Davis didn't transmit or receive classified emails. She wouldn't be in jail.

There is a difference in violating a law vs not enforcing a law. Several states have decided to stop enforcing federal drug laws by legalizing marijuana. Are they violating federal law, or just choosing not to enforce it?

Many of them are violating the law since the actively created and codified rules for their area. The Fed simply has chosen not to fight it.

The same is true in many sanctuary cities instances - active municipal codes are created that are counter to Federal law.

VN Store

Back