County Clerk found in contempt......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm torn on this. I can see both sides of the argument as to whether or not what she's doing is illegal. I still think it's a state's right and that the federal gov has zero business involving itself in marriage of any kind.

Reactions: 3 people

Was it really about her religious beliefs or did she find a way to get her 15 minutes of fame?

Jesus said to render unto Caesar those things that are Caesar's. We can like the law or not, it is the law of the land.

She had a couple of ways she could have handled this.

1. Resign from her position.

2. Ask her staff if any of them would volunteer to issue the marriage license.

Either way she would not be issuing the license.

Reactions: 4 people
She is sworn to uphold the law. Don't like it, get another job. Get her out of there.

That said, the Internet has lost it's mind about this woman. Saw a FB post saying she is no different than Osama Bin Laden! When I challenged the person they called her American Taliban. What a world.

Reactions: 6 people
She is sworn to uphold the law. Don't like it, get another job. Get her out of there.

That said, the Internet has lost it's mind about this woman. Saw a FB post saying she is no different than Osama Bin Laden! When I challenged the person they called her American Taliban. What a world.

You are missing the real reason she was jailed. She is beheading homosexuals I guess......

That is of course an absurd comparison.

Unless we are talking about looks. In which case it is spot on.

Reactions: 1 person
I laughed at this photo, not because of her, but because of her colleague. 1981 called. They want everything back.

ap_kentucky_clerk_gay_marriage_01_jc_150901_16x9_992.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Yep.

Also, LOL.

KHBDvi8.jpg

71tQJOC.jpg

Last edited:
I'm torn on this. I can see both sides of the argument as to whether or not what she's doing is illegal. I still think it's a state's right and that the federal gov has zero business involving itself in marriage of any kind.

That's great and all, but the matter has been settled so she needs to do her job. If she doesn't agree with the ruling and feels she cannot in good conscience fulfill it, then she needs to resign.

There's really nothing to be torn over in whether or not she's doing something illegal.

I've seen so many stupid posts on both sides of the argument. The ones calling her a part of the "Christian ISIS" and American Taliban are ridiculous.

At the same time, it makes me sad how many people can't grasp what the First Amendment actually means.

I've seen so many stupid posts on both sides of the argument. The ones calling her a part of the "Christian ISIS" and American Taliban are ridiculous.

At the same time, it makes me sad how many people can't grasp what the First Amendment actually means.

People are different and will always be. Dont let it make you sad..... It will never change.

Yes the same media that wouldn't even mention that Michael Brown had robbed a store prior to his encounter with a cop has no problem digging up personal issues on this back woods Kentucky woman.

Ironic isn't it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Someone needs to show me where this is a law. She is suppose to uphold the law, so what is it?

No one needs to show you anything unless you have been hiding under a rock for the last 3 months since the ruling.

And in case you were hiding under a rock or manning a radio station at the North Pole, I'm sorry for saying that.

No one needs to show you anything unless you have been hiding under a rock for the last 3 months since the ruling.

And in case you were hiding under a rock or manning a radio station at the North Pole, I'm sorry for saying that.

Be an ass all you want, but the ruling does not = law.

That's great and all, but the matter has been settled so she needs to do her job. If she doesn't agree with the ruling and feels she cannot in good conscience fulfill it, then she needs to resign.

There's really nothing to be torn over in whether or not she's doing something illegal.

Yep. Fight the law through proper channels if you want but the law is the law and refusal to abide by it means you should forfeit your job (if you are a judge etc.)

Same with good ole Roy Moore here in Alabama. Removed as Chief Justice because he defied a SCOTUS ruling.

I think he is saying there is no law passed by a representative legislature declaring that same-sex marriages are legal. Instead we have a supreme court ruling made from unelected judges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back