GOP Loyalty Pledge

lawgator1

How do those of you who swear it's not purely about standard partisanship accept this? Seems to me this is an obnoxious standard. Shame people into supporting the GOP nominee. No matter what.

Reactions: 4 people
Well

Attachments

• 88426f34bac6657a0eb103ae42766a01.jpg
    88426f34bac6657a0eb103ae42766a01.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: 2 people
I think it's more about winning elections. A party can't set the agenda and govern unless the party is in power. Ever since Perot, this keeps coming up cyclically in GOP primaries. After all, there would be no Clintons' if there was no Perot.

Funny how the Dems do not suffer from this same affliction. Personally, I love the raucous nature of this primary season. Very entertaining, to say the least.

As I was growing up, the conventional political wisdom was the GOP was the "next in line" party and the Dems were the more unpredictable. This cycle has certainly flipped the script.

How do those of you who swear it's not purely about standard partisanship accept this? Seems to me this is an obnoxious standard. Shame people into supporting the GOP nominee. No matter what.

Don't you have enough problems within your own party? This move is aimed at Trump specifically,but you knew that already.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

You voting for Biden?

Don't you have enough problems within your own party? This move is aimed at Trump specifically,but you knew that already.

Of course it's aimed at him. Last I saw he is expected to joyously sign it. Despite his speech to Megyn a month ago.

Guess that now that he thinks he's actually a viable candidate for the GOP nomination, he's .... changed his mind about it.

If Trump signs the loyalty Pledge the GOP will start going after him the next day. The establishment does not want Trump as their nominee.

Trump isn't going to sign any pledge; he's already hinting he'll go third party/independent even though several here swore he wouldn't because he "said so".

Someone left the Dem playbook open.

Do you mean supporting no matter what like you do BHO or some other kind of support?

Trump is nailing Jeb hard. There is no way Trump would support Jeb if he were the nominee. I don't care what he signed.

VN Store

Back