Wtf has happened to this world? Gender neutral UT

She went to Snoop Dogg School for Pronouns. Fo Shizzle.

Seriously though, so easy to hate "educated" people. This woman will be a leach her entire life.

Reactions: 6 people
I've given my statement about this in the Ukraine thread. If you're interested then go there to see. If not, then no big deal.

Either way, I most likely won't respond, because I've pretty much said all there is to say about it there, as far as I'm concerned.

I've given my statement about this in the Ukraine thread. If you're interested then go there to see. If not, then no big deal.

Either way, I most likely won't respond, because I've pretty much said all there is to say about it there, as far as I'm concerned.

Can't wait

Reactions: 15 people

So this is your lasr post in this thread? Awesome.

Reactions: 6 people
How is this not from an Onion article

“These may sound a little funny at first, but only because they are new,” Braquet said. “The she and he pronouns would sound strange too if we had been taught ze when growing up.”

Braquet said if students and faculty cannot use ze, hir, hirs, xe, xem or xyr, they can also politely ask. “’Oh, nice to meet you, [insert name]. What pronouns should I use?’ is a perfectly fine question to ask,” ze said.

Reactions: 2 people

This, while an unfortunate bit of stupidity unworthy of a thinking mind, is not the doomsday harbinger of Armageddon you and your ilk would like to believe but rather an issue that only affects you to the extent that you allow it to.

I would expect nothing less of VN than to open a thread lamenting the state of the world only to find a petty complaint lodged at the behest of paranoia and hyperbole.

Nevermind the billions deprived of potable water, the real problem is women having too much control over their own bodies, some colleges espousing gobbledygook here and there, etc.

Reactions: 10 people
This, while an unfortunate bit of stupidity unworthy of a thinking mind, is not the doomsday harbinger of Armageddon you and your ilk would like to believe but rather an issue that only affects you to the extent that you allow it to.

I would expect nothing less of VN than to open a thread lamenting the state of the world only to find a petty complaint lodged at the behest of paranoia and hyperbole.

Nevermind the billions deprived of potable water, the real problem is women having too much control over their own bodies, some colleges espousing gobbledygook here and there, etc.

Actually this is a symptom of a real problem.

Undeserved monies being heaped on higher education. There are millions of these people like her, educated people that possess absolutely no actual skills.

Reactions: 8 people
We went from this...

andyholt.jpg

and this...

boling-19-small.jpg

to this...

cheek.jpg

and this...

Susan-Martin-2010.jpeg

When those in power allow idiots to run our university without any meaningful quality control attached to their performance, then you see dear alma mater firmly engaged in thought control efforts like this.

The University needs a common-sense approach like the ones offered by the likes of Dr. Holt and Dr. Reese.

What we see instead is leadership increasingly attempting to control the very language students and professors employ to interact with each other.

How long before we start seeing UTK trying to control the ideas behind the language?

I wouldn't put anything past Goldfinger.

What the heck?

We are supposed to start threads in the Politics forum about potable water?

Feminists are confusing. On the one hand, they want to wear their uterus' on their sleeves and make sure that we never forget that they're women. On the other hand, they want the world stripped of gender identities because pronouns like "him" and "her" are indicative of male dominated society.

This country divides itself on the stupidest of lines.

Reactions: 16 people

The University of Tennessee has one of the strongest free speech campuses in the nation:

https://www.thefire.org/schools/university-of-tennessee-knoxville/

When you start seeing policies attempting to control the way people choose to address one another, then it is a threat to a reputation that has been assiduously built over decades.

If you want someone to do something about any potential lack of potable water in the future, then maybe, just maybe, protecting a campus environment encouraging the free exchange of ideas and beliefs is something you should value.

Creating a campus of mind-numbed robots incapable of thinking outside whatever box a government entity chooses to constrain them with is not the best means to improving the human condition.

You may desire a new Dark Age where individuals grant their freedom to a benevolent authority who will tell them what to say, what to think, and how to live their lives.

Me? I prefer the Enlightenment to the Inquisition. I choose Locke over Hobbes. Milton Friedman's idea of economic freedom is far more preferable to Paul Krugman's trickle-down government. Calvin Coolidge's faith in the individual is exponentially better than Obama's unflinching loyalty to centralized power and its abuse.

Let's have an alma mater where that debate can be encouraged and stimulated, not one where the terms of the debate are limited and controlled by the whims of those in positions of power.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 people
And there you go off the cliff again.............Thought you were doing better

Difference between you and me is that I choose my battles.

You, however, have to have an opinion on everything.

45,000 posts?

Seriously?

And you're a military man?

What the hell are we paying you for? To post online all damn day or something?

Reactions: 3 people
I don't know what's wrong with prof but dude get some help. You have been all over the place. I hope you figure it out.

I'm okay, Volfanhill.

But I'm about to help some on here out.

See, I said, if you wanted to know my opinion (before making smartass comments), then consult the Ukraine thread.

No one did that. And, instead, just made smartass comments.

So, I'm about to treat said people like I do my college students.

Which is to say, I'm going to treat you like middle school kids because my college students typically have has much difficulty with simple directions as you do.

So, here middle schoolers; I'll copy and paste my post on the matter. For the record, it is what I include below. So, what I include below in quotations is my thoughts on the matter of the OP's post. Let me clarify. What I include in quotes is my post I made and have copied from another thread (since those of you in question were too lazy to go there, yet can post all ******n day on here about stupid **** constantly). So the following is my original response to this issue, even before you knew it was an issue. (And I credit my good friend, Velo Vol, a rational and careful thinker, for bringing this to my attention.) THE FOLLOWING IS MY POST. NOTE HOW IT IS IN QUOTATIONS, LIKE I SAY ABOVE:

"I prefer to speak English.

On a serious note, this sounds like just another crackpot idea from someone in the Diversity office who is most likely a young, new hire wanting to make a splash and have some "great" initiative to further put on her resume. We had *******s like this from time to time in the English department, who would go out of their ways to change accepted praxis and curricula just so they could further pad their CVs, while complicating the **** out of things for the rest of us.

I draw the line here. While some of this is well-meaning, I also ask where does it stop? I'm fine calling someone a she, or a he, or whatever they prefer, as long as they let me know. I'm not, however, (nor should anyone else) going to go out of my way to make sure I have it done straight beforehand. I'm typically not one to whine about "woe is us these days," because the good, ole' days had their own problems, but I will admit that this seems to a be a recent phenomenon in our society, wherein, if you're not fully accommodated by everyone than there can be no equality. That line of thinking is bull****, quite frankly. The world should respect you, but it should not have to accommodate your every need and desire.

Now, one thing I am trying to do is be more cautious with my use of the term "ma'am," particularly out here in California (which is not as liberal wacko as people back home think, though it is certainly more "liberal"). Since the term does carry some negative connotations (largely a contextual issue, but as you've probably notice, people don't care much for context when it comes to social issues), I have tried to back off a bit, although I still find myself using it to address a random female more often than not. I've been trying though to adopt "miss" instead for any random female I need to address.

Now, if they don't like "miss" either, than I'm not quite sure what I'll do. I guess I'll just have to start addressing them, "Hey, you."

Luckily, even "ma'am" hasn't been an issue yet."

THIS CONCLUDES MY POST. This concludes what I originally said. Does everyone understand this?

Did everyone get that?

I don't know how else to direct you. If you want me to keep treating you all like middle school students, which you apparently are, then I will.

Thank you.

And, as always, God bless America.

Last edited:
I don't agree with a lot of things you say Volprof, but seriously concerned about you. Not being smart.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back