United States Just Passed up Old Soviet Union Gulags For Largest Prison System

'
The private prison companies, well-known for profiting off of incarceration and crime, is now saying that the state’s they have contracted with aren’t keeping up their end of the bargain. The private prisons rely on a certain number of inmates for free and virtually-free slave labor.
That labor is used for a variety of trades, including making uniforms for popular restaurants like McDonalds and Applebee’s. But if the private prisons don’t have enough inmates locked up then production goes down correlative with the decrease in free labor'

For profit prisons is one of the worst things to happen in America in a very long time. The more inmates you have the higher that stock rises. Empty beds hurts your bottom line. Yeah I don't see any chance for corruption there.

Reactions: 5 people
You were sent to the Soviet gulags to die in prison. You are sent to the US prison for free healthcare and housing.

#differences #Amurica

Reactions: 4 people
Sounds like the American public education system where a school at half capacity can report its enrollment as "full" to avoid having it's funding reduced.

Reactions: 2 people
Unforturnately, the Jared's of the world, killers, thieves, fraudsters, and counterfeiters only make up a minority of the people we lock up.

The rest are non-violents offenders.
fraudsters and counterfeiting is non violent

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Unforturnately, the Jared's of the world, killers, thieves, fraudsters, and counterfeiters only make up a minority of the people we lock up.

The rest are non-violents offenders.

Did you mean to imply that all of the above described are violent? Or just wrong?

Is that a function of a growing population? He percent in jail may not have changed. Just raw numbers

Is that a function of a growing population? He percent in jail may not have changed. Just raw numbers

I'd imagine it's a function of both. The incarceration rate in the US is certainly not declining by decade.

One interesting fact: less than 5% of the world's population is in the US; over 20% of the world's prisoners are prisoners in the US.

Land of the free.

Reactions: 4 people
The prison system is a jobs program as part of the greater jobs program known as the war on drugs.

#fiscalconservatism
#thanksNixonReaganHWBush

Reactions: 5 people
The prison system is a jobs program as part of the greater jobs program known as the war on drugs.

#fiscalconservatism
#thanksNixonReaganHWBush

Yeah, because the war on drugs belongs exclusively to republicans, those Democrat congressional majorities were powerless to stop them, right?

Yeah, because the war on drugs belongs exclusively to republicans, those Democrat congressional majorities were powerless to stop them, right?

well, I was only calling out POTUSs. It was both parties, but it was a pet project to those specific presidents.

Do you want me to name everybody who has ever had a hand in the WOD?

I didn't say Ford or W....alas, W...the most hated R because he didn't make it a pet project like the three I named.

More prisons need to be built. Letting out of federal prisons people who are "non violent" felons who sold crack, meth, heroin, and other deadly drugs is asinine.

Reactions: 3 people
well, I was only calling out POTUSs. It was both parties, but it was a pet project to those specific presidents.

Do you want me to name everybody who has ever had a hand in the WOD?

I didn't say Ford or W....alas, W...the most hated R because he didn't make it a pet project like the three I named.
Did you conveniently forget Bills COPS program that touted that it created 100k LE jobs?

Reactions: 2 people
fraudsters and counterfeiting is non violent

Counterfeiting (Coinage Act of 1792) was a crime punishable by death. The FF knew that robbing people of their hard labor and productive output were crimes against humanity.

VN Store

Back