Boston men beat homeless man; cite Trump; Trump shrugs

It's a shame they beat this man and invoked Trump as they did so? Because his supporters, well, they're just passionate?

Come on. This is indefensible !!

Why not take it one step further, why not insinuate that Trump paid them to do it.

Reactions: 3 people
It's a shame they beat this man and invoked Trump as they did so? Because his supporters, well, they're just passionate?

Come on. This is indefensible !!

"Shrieking Outrage"..........just another example that you are the biggest hypocrite on this board.

Reactions: 10 people
He should have denounced this. Immediately and unequivocally. He's the one with the dog whistle for the far right on immigration. He has a responsibility to immediately and forcefully say that this is not acceptable.

Jmo.

Reactions: 1 person
unless i am missing something, what is bad about what he said?
While the Republican front-runner had not heard about the particular incident when reporters asked him about before a town hall event Wednesday night, he nonetheless said it would "be a shame." But he didn't stop there, as he quickly went to applaud those who echo his views.

"I will say, the people that are following me are very passionate," Trump said. "They love this country, they want this country to be great again."
nothing in that statement is wrong. and he isn't applauding the act at all.

Reactions: 4 people
Trump has nothing to do w/this did he? Two Boston drunk a$$holes are charged with this.....plus they should be charged w/a hate crime as well.

We're talking about Trump's comment. Nobody has suggested he took part in the action. Would this be another attempt at deflection? Surely not.

Reactions: 2 people
We're talking about Trump's comment. Nobody has suggested he took part in the action. Would this be another attempt at deflection? Surely not.

Personally I don't think a POTUS (or candidate for the office) needs to be asked or comment on local issues and idiots.

unless i am missing something, what is bad about what he said? nothing in that statement is wrong. and he isn't applauding the act at all.

People don't like that he called his followers (with the context being homeless-bashers) "very passionate". It sounds like he is excusing them or that he doesn't mind their actions too much. Like somehow beating up the homeless would make America great again.

Last edited:
Just share the comment that you think is the equivalent of this. Repeating yourself gets us nowhere.

His comments on Ferguson and Baltimore closely resemble Trumps with initially speaking out against the crime/riots, but then making excuses why they are happening and that they understand the reasoning behind it. I'm not going to do your research for you, but look at Obama's comments after the Ferguson/Baltimore riots and compare them to Trump's here.

His comments on Ferguson and Baltimore closely resemble Trumps with initially speaking out against the crime/riots, but then making excuses why they are happening and that they understand the reasoning behind it. I'm not going to do your research for you, but look at Obama's comments after the Ferguson/Baltimore riots and compare them to Trump's here.

Which comment? It shouldn't be hard. How can I do the research on the comments you are thinking of?

You are copping out. If you ask me to reference this comment 1 year from now, it will be very easy to find.

VN Store

Back