Televangelists

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg[/youtube]

How do these prosperity pimps live with themselves knowing that their wealth comes from deceiving the poor, elderly, sick, and mentally ill? They literall7y prey on the weakest among us. They have to be sociopaths.

Reactions: 7 people

How do these prosperity pimps live with themselves knowing that their wealth comes from deceiving the poor, elderly, sick, and mentally ill? They literall7y prey on the weakest among us. They have to be sociopaths.

You know, I don't see enough Christians denouncing these despicable charlatans. Therefor, I must assume most Christians accept and allow this vile behavior. Perhaps even facilitate it.

#VNmuslimlogic

Reactions: 5 people

There's nutters on both sides of the aisle, these charlatans prey on the weak and lowly educated rubes of our society, in my day it was Jim and Tammy Baker, or the Fakers as I referred to them as.. Like PT Barnum once said, there's a sucker born every minute.😜

Reactions: 3 people
They are usually the best dressed people on TV.. Lots of beards and mustaches as well

1393063772156377744.png

Family Values Activist Josh Duggar Had a Paid Ashley Madison Account

Is anyone really surprised?

Reactions: 2 people
There's nutters on both sides of the aisle, these charlatans prey on the weak and lowly educated rubes of our society, in my day it was Jim and Tammy Baker, or the Fakers as I referred to them as.. Like PT Barnum once said, there's a sucker born every minute.😜

What you say is true. I'm pressing 'like' but I'm holding my nose.

Reactions: 1 person
LOL Ole Jim is back at it. He's now selling Armageddon soup buckets I kid you not. Watch and laugh as he chokes down some. He almost vomits that crap all over his audience.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwJaa-TFVSg[/youtube]

Yes some of them suck. They exploit people.

Using this to trash religious organizations or make a case for removing tax exempt status then at least broaden the scope to look at ALL tax exempt organizations. You'll find charlatans across the board in each category but the large majority (including religious organizations) are legit.

Reactions: 6 people

That's anyone from TBN

Yes some of them suck. They exploit people.

Using this to trash religious organizations or make a case for removing tax exempt status then at least broaden the scope to look at ALL tax exempt organizations. You'll find charlatans across the board in each category but the large majority (including religious organizations) are legit.

Sure, they are legitimately trying to make others' lives better. Still should be taxed like everyone else.

Reactions: 7 people
LOL Ole Jim is back at it. He's now selling Armageddon soup buckets I kid you not. Watch and laugh as he chokes down some. He almost vomits that crap all over his audience.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwJaa-TFVSg[/youtube]

Thanks.. Lmao

You know, I don't see enough Christians denouncing these despicable charlatans. Therefor, I must assume most Christians accept and allow this vile behavior. Perhaps even facilitate it.

#VNmuslimlogic

I'm a Christian and I agree with you. I consider many of them to be more entertainers than an evangelists, and I don't personally find them very entertaining.

Sure, they are legitimately trying to make others' lives better. Still should be taxed like everyone else.

How about the Red Cross, United Way, etc.?

I don't care one way or the other but I've seen a lot of talk recently that only religious organizations should lose their tax exempt status.

In general, the tax code distinguishes for profit for not-for-profit on whether or not the owners share in the profits. So not-for-profits generate profit but it is not distributed to owners.

The work around is to pay leadership huge salaries and provide any number of benefits including physical property.

For example, United Way had revenues of about 4 billion and the leaders make 7 figures.

#VNmuslimlogic

Although said in jest, I still think that is a problem in the larger Muslim community. They aren't nearly vocal enough in denouncing violence. Primary effort seems to be mistargeted against the sins of the west by the liberal left and Muslim community instead of honest reporting and introspection.

Likewise, I think the larger Christian community should be more vocal about this. It just doesn't get the press because people are being cheated out of money as opposed to their heads, literally.

That shouldn't take away from the fact that this is disgusting though. Oliver hit a bullseye that the tax code should be more strict here. Take the revered status religion has in our tax code and throw it in the garbage. Start treating it like any other business. Let them lobby and pay off politicians if they don't want to pay taxes on their million dollar mega churches or pastor salaries. Why should God be exempt? If he needs money, he can contribute like the rest of us.

You said it was an easy fix.....that will hurt the small churches that do good work.....it will have little effect on the fake TV show preachers that have air conditioned dog houses.

Too bad for the small churches, then. And, taxing millions with no exemptions will have more than a little effect.

I'm a Christian and I agree with you. I consider many of them to be more entertainers than an evangelists, and I don't personally find them very entertaining.

Entertainer is a bit too nice of a word for the guys who prey on the old, sick, and poor so blatantly. A comedian is an entertainer- a magician is an entertainer. These cretins who beg for every last cent from the already destitute with the promise of miracle money from god don't deserve the entertainer title, but they are certainly actors. Especially the ones telling people not to seek real medical care because god will cure that cancer.. as long as you keep sending money.

How about the Red Cross, United Way, etc.?

I don't care one way or the other but I've seen a lot of talk recently that only religious organizations should lose their tax exempt status.

In general, the tax code distinguishes for profit for not-for-profit on whether or not the owners share in the profits. So not-for-profits generate profit but it is not distributed to owners.

The work around is to pay leadership huge salaries and provide any number of benefits including physical property.

For example, United Way had revenues of about 4 billion and the leaders make 7 figures.

Yes. I'd also get rid of charitable deductions and all the other exemptions in the tax code.

You said it was an easy fix.....that will hurt the small churches that do good work.....it will have little effect on the fake TV show preachers that have air conditioned dog houses.

I see no reason to single out churches from other social organizations that enjoy tax exempt status.

The real issue would be maintaining 501c(3) status so that donations are tax deductible for donors (this applies to all social orgs).

Whether or not the org has to pay taxes on the difference between revenue and costs is less of an issue.

Too bad for the small churches, then. And, taxing millions with no exemptions will have more than a little effect.

What effect will it have.....a bunch of rich men finding every loophole they can....it won't stop them and they will still be getting rich off poor people.

VN Store

Back