Cop restrains self against unarmed man, gets punched and pistol-whipped

I wish there were more details.

He calls for backup and tells the man to stay in the car, but he didn't," Boackle told CNN in a phone interview. "The last thing the officer remembers is getting sucker-punched in a parking lot. The next thing, he's waking up in a hospital bed with staples in his head."

well, he is in bammer land

I didn't understand the wording at first, but now I get it. They are saying he didn't use his gun after the situation got dicey....but it's really short on details. It goes from the guy getting out of the car, to sucker punched, to not remembering anything. Tazer is always an option. Hopefully some witnesses will come forward and help the officer remember.

Really misleading headline "held fire"?

"He calls for backup and tells the man to stay in the car, but he didn't," Boackle told CNN in a phone interview. "The last thing the officer remembers is getting sucker-punched in a parking lot. The next thing, he's waking up in a hospital bed with staples in his head."

He didn't hold his fire, he got sucker punched, his weapon taken and the hell beat out of him. Sounds like he didn't have the option of holding his fire. Unless the new standard is shoot on sight?

Reactions: 1 person
A couple of thoughts.

1. Unfortunate that the officer wasn't able to better defend himself and that his only option was to shoot or get beat up. I realize he was taken by surprise, but I would really expect our peace officers to be able to defend themselves against a physical attack without always resorting to the use of deadly force.

2. The fact that by-standers opted to take pictures and mock the officer instead of coming to his aid shows the extent of the disconnect between out peace officers and communities.This is a sad fact of modern society that needs to be addressed.

3. I'm thankful the officer lived and will recover and that there appears to be evidence they need to arrest the guy for assault.

Reactions: 3 people
white detective knew better to shoot a black man, instead he took his ass whipping like a man.

Where's Al praising this detective because #BLM ?

A couple of thoughts.

1. Unfortunate that the officer wasn't able to better defend himself and that his only option was to shoot or get beat up. I realize he was taken by surprise, but I would really expect our peace officers to be able to defend themselves against a physical attack without always resorting to the use of deadly force.

2. The fact that by-standers opted to take pictures and mock the officer instead of coming to his aid shows the extent of the disconnect between out peace officers and communities.This is a sad fact of modern society that needs to be addressed.

3. I'm thankful the officer lived and will recover and that there appears to be evidence they need to arrest the guy for assault.

1. I could see exceptions. I have no idea in this particular case. In most cases you are probably correct.

2. Not really a surprise anymore. Doesn't make it any less BS and wrong.

3. Absolutely.

There are issues on both sides that need to be addressed.

Reactions: 2 people
.....how did he lose sight of him long enough to get sucker punched?

A couple of thoughts.

to your second point, that is all people do now anyways. even when its a friend getting hurt, got to put it on instagram before taking action. I don't necessarily see it as because it was a cop.

A couple of thoughts.

black cops for black neighborhoods.

VN Store

Back