Former President Jimmy Carter has cancer

Sad.

Carter perfectly illustrates how cosmetic and short-sighted our politics really are. His huge and short run bungles overshadow amazing positive long term effects of other policies he implemented. He deregulated moreso than any Republican I know of, and we can thank him for affordable airfare and cheaper products in general (well everything driven around by trucks).

Reactions: 5 people
Sad news! :cray:

Probably the best EX president weve ever had and no, that's not intended as a backhanded compliment.

Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter says he has cancer

I know he'll never be thought of as a good president, and, honestly, maybe he wasn't.

I think he inherited a bad situation, didn't seem to do much with it, and then God himself, Ronald Reagan came walking in, although it took Reagan some time as well.

Whatever kind of president he was (and honestly, I'd need to know more about his Congress; if it was anything like Obama's terms, then I give Carter a free pass), I've heard him giving interviews recently on radio like NPR.

At 90-something, the man sounds more sane, rational, thoughtful, and all-together there than nearly all the candidates currently running for the Presidency, on either side.

Reactions: 4 people
I think he's a really good person and his heart is always in the right place, but unfortunately his intentions have had unintended consequences (Hugo Chavez says, "Thanks, Jimmy!!!").

Anyway, I hope he doesn't suffer.

He's 90 years old. Anything is possible but the odd are definitely not in his favor.

Yeah, probably not too much longer.

It's funny to me, though, how Carter is often considered a forgettable and useless president while people like Bush II basically ran this country into the ground, via President Cheney.

The fact that Carter was so forgettable, other than the ridiculous Iranian hostage situation, should probably tell us that he wasn't really that bad of a president.

I'd much prefer him over President Cheney during 9/11. This country probably wouldn't be in the absolute ****hole it currently is had Carter been at the helm. And Carter probably wouldn't have allowed an enterprising ******* traitor like Cheney boss him around either.

Yeah, probably not too much longer.

It's funny to me, though, how Carter is often considered a forgettable and useless president while people like Bush II basically ran this country into the ground, via President Cheney.

The fact that Carter was so forgettable, other than the ridiculous Iranian hostage situation, should probably tell us that he wasn't really that bad of a president.

I'd much prefer him over President Cheney during 9/11. This country probably wouldn't be in the absolute ****hole it currently is had Carter been at the helm. And Carter probably wouldn't have allowed an enterprising ******* traitor like Cheney boss him around either.

One of my co-workers here said "Jimmy Carter was too good for the Oval Office." I somewhat agree with that.

One of my co-workers here said "Jimmy Carter was too good for the Oval Office." I somewhat agree with that.

I agree too.

To some degree it takes an absolute ******* to lead this country, for better or for worse.

Jimmy Carter was and still is a good man.

Cheney is took us too much on the ******* side though.

Never mind the 444 day Iran hostage mess... unemployment, inflation, and interest rates all were crazy high by the time Carter left office.

Billy was by far the most entertaining Brother of POTUS.

Reactions: 7 people
Sad news because from all I can tell he's a decent guy. From me that's saying a lot too because most politicians who hold high office in this government are sociopathic, lying, douchebags.

I've seen several times were he's said the happiest moment of his life life is seeing the hostages released by Iran. I think most people, myself included, would probably have a lot of resentment about how they were released.

Sad news because from all I can tell he's a decent guy. From me that's saying a lot too because most politicians who hold high office in this government are sociopathic, lying, douchebags.

I've seen several times were he's said the happiest moment of his life life is seeing the hostages released by Iran. I think most people, myself included, would probably have a lot of resentment about how they were released.

Carter got them freed. Iran just waited until the moment after Reagan was sworn in to release the plane. Good thing for them... Reagan would have probably blown Iran to bits before February.

Never mind the 444 day Iran hostage mess... unemployment, inflation, and interest rates all were crazy high by the time Carter left office.

This evening, as the sun sets, light some candles and place them around an alter.

Remember that a president is really only as good as his Congress.

So utter some oaths over the candle fires.

Think of yourself as some sort of Norse patron.

Remember that a good president never gets his country into a useless war. Carter easily could have. He didn't.

So utter some more oaths over the candle fires.

And never fail to realize that you are a complete *******.

This evening, as the sun sets, light some candles and place them around an alter.

Remember that a president is really only as good as his Congress.

So utter some oaths over the candle fires.

Think of yourself as some sort of Norse patron.

Remember that a good president never gets his country into a useless war. Carter easily could have. He didn't.

So utter some more oaths over the candle fires.

And never fail to realize that you are a complete *******.

What kind of drugs are you taking today?

Reactions: 3 people
Good dude. Good Christian. Good statesman after the presidency. But he was a horrible president. History books, polls, and the voters all agree.

In the grand scheme of things short term unemployment (partially inherited) and the Iranian hostage crisis are not that big of a deal, especially in comparison to normal presidential activity.

Inflation and interest rates? He inherited those problems and appointed Paul Volcker as chairman of the Fed and Volcker fixed them, so....what drugs are you on?

VN Store

Back