That other racist flag

MG1968

Moderately Neato
http://www.newsweek.com/its-time-haul-down-another-flag-racist-hate-361929

You know that racist flag? The one that supposedly honors history but actually spreads a pernicious myth? And is useful only to venal right-wing politicians who wish to exploit hatred by calling it heritage? It’s past time to pull it down.

Oh, wait. You thought I was referring to the Confederate flag. Actually, I’m talking about the POW/MIA flag.

Just damn.

Stupid article.

I've told others around me, whether they care or not, that intense left-wing liberals better watch it. Progressive causes have made some amazing gains, and I'm typically supportive of socially progressive causes. For instance, these causes have exposed us to a serious problem with policing in this country.

But I also warn them that, you take it too far, you're going to achieve the absolute opposite of what you desire. The Black Lives Matter movement, while initially useful, is about to overreach. You create enough confusion, and police are going to start refusing to do their jobs in particular areas. True chaos will then reign.

And this, honestly, this is just written by an imbecile. There's no actual movement behind this. It will die, as well it should.

Reactions: 3 people
This is akin to someone starting trouble just for the sake of starting trouble.

The fact that anyone is offended by a piece of cloth is beyond laughable to me.

I don't want to click on the article and encourage this sort of idiocy, but can you please explain the author's thesis? What about the flag do they not like?

Reactions: 1 person
I don't want to click on the article and encourage this sort of idiocy, but can you please explain the author's thesis? What about the flag do they not like?

Was the author Trump? We all know he doesn't care much for POW's.

Reactions: 2 people
You mean like with the Confederate Battle Flag?

Ah, no. That flag needed to go. No one's ever annihilated a church assembly while waving the POW/MIA flag and never will. The fact that some of you military men still defend it will never cease to amaze me, but I'm sure you have your own ridiculous idiosyncratic reasons for doing so. All I can figure is it has something to do with rebelling against the system, which is made even more funny when the Confederate battle flag gets contemporary military support.

This, however, is indeed ridiculous. So I'll agree with you on that part, at least.

Last edited:
You mean like with the Confederate Battle Flag?

Didnt care about that flag although people acted like it murdered someone.

This just seems like a smear campaign thought up by some liberal twit where he could find some way to attack the military without getting sh!t on by most people and to somehow have their name etched in the annuls of history..which is funny since people who share similar values don't often appear to have a good grip on history.

I have no desire to click the link, and can't possibly imagine what kind of warped and completely stupid logic must be behind it.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back