KPD Police Chief(David Rausch) On Body Cams

Haha. Violation of privacy

Yea, but his next sentence in the article is

Until the Legislature makes a move towards changing our privacy laws, I have a concern about body cameras.

I don't know the laws he's mentioning but there may be some merit to his concern with respect to locals laws. The ACLU (I don't think would be viewed as pro-cops) held concerns about privacy/body cams .(but were still proponents overall of body cams)
https://www.aclu.org/police-body-mounted-cameras-right-policies-place-win-all

The example he gave was that if one of his officers had to enter your home, whoever was in there, whatever was going on in there would be on film. That's a bull**** excuse when those very specific incidences would be few and far between. You're talking serving warrants, or police entering a residence to aid someone in trouble.

Cop shouldn't be entering a citizen's home... but if it happens the camera should be recording for protection of the residents as well as the LEO.

Reactions: 2 people
The example he gave was that if one of his officers had to enter your home, whoever was in there, whatever was going on in there would be on film. That's a bull**** excuse when those very specific incidences would be few and far between. You're talking serving warrants, or police entering a residence to aid someone in trouble.

Yeah, as I understand it, footage only becomes a matter of public record if there is an incident. Also, if there is a warrant, than privacy is no longer guaranteed.

Going to be a lot less family dogs shot.

Reactions: 1 person
Cameras are more for the cops protection than anything else considering how batsh!! crazy people act around LEO.

Cameras are more for the cops protection than anything else considering how batsh!! crazy people act around LEO.

You sure about that?

There are about 1100 people killed by police every year....only about 850 are in the line of duty and not all of those are justifiable....so we're talking probably at least a 300 unjustifiable deaths a year.

Only about 100-150 cops die each year, and a lot of those are car accidents, etc.

Another (Much Higher) Count Of Homicides By Police | FiveThirtyEight

National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund: Officer Deaths by Year

You sure about that?

There are about 1100 people killed by police every year....only about 850 are in the line of duty and not all of those are justifiable....so we're talking probably at least a 300 unjustifiable deaths a year.

Only about 100-150 cops die each year, and a lot of those are car accidents, etc.

Yep..cuz if you are that type of situation with LEO you got issues.

If I can go 35 years without an LEO incident..anyone can.

Yep..cuz if you are that type of situation with LEO you got issues.

If I can go 35 years without an LEO incident..anyone can.

You're right, everyone who's ever had a bad encounter with the police absolutely deserved whatever they got.

Geez, what a boot licker.

Reactions: 3 people
You're right, everyone who's ever had a bad encounter with the police absolutely deserved whatever they got.

Geez, what a boot licker.

Not all but most. The thing is people have a hard time accepting their own faults thus concocting an idea that the situation was not their fault. It all ties in to the whole entitlement mentality in this country.

Not all but most. The thing is people have a hard time accepting their own faults thus concocting an idea that the situation was not their fault. It all ties in to the whole entitlement mentality in this country.

You're all over the place.

Reactions: 4 people
You sure about that?

No **** more civilians are killed by cops than vise versa. There are 100+ times the numbers of civilians than cops. Right or wrong when a cop takes action he is more trained in that field of doing damage than a civilian is. So they are also more "efficient" at what can easily be terrible actions. Also the reverse is true, cops are trained to deal with civilians so when attacked they know what to do, in theory. Which is more than a civilian knows. In lieu of propper training civilians should go along with the cops commands. Can't wait to see you guys have fun with that comment. Ever hear the expression "sometimes its better to keep your mouth shut and let someone think you are a fool, than to open it and confirm what everyone thinks"? In this case the cops are trained and know how to keep their mouths shut, except for the cases you gladly point out. Civilians will act the fool/dangerous and confirm what the cops are taught.

I like how common sense is equated to boot licking, while assault on officers is considered standing up for your rights. I use the term assault because several of the anti cop crowd throw it around too much.

damn, that's the stupidest **** I've read all week, forget about the rest of it.

How many cops do you interact with on a daily basis, or the average Joe. For me its about 2. How many civilians does a cop interact with daily? In Atlanta, hundreds. And you are shocked the group dealing with the masses has a higher hit rate? More chances something goes wrong. Yes there are scumbag cops who need to face penalties, no doubt. Just saying I wouldn't put myself in their place and expect to do noticeably better

VN Store

Back