Arian Foster Breaks Ground By Admitting He Doesn’t Believe In God

I know most here won't like it but I give him major props for his courage. I lost some friends and a few family members when they found out I was an atheist.

Reactions: 5 people
I know most here won't like it but I give him major props for his courage. I lost some friends and a few family members when they found out I was an atheist.

No. Courage would be his admittance that Christ exists.

Being an atheist is the hip thing to do.

Reactions: 20 people

Did you think it took courage for Tebow to come out (not the closet yet) and declare his beliefs so much? I tend to beleive it may have take a little more courage to do so in this day and age. JMO

Reactions: 11 people

Sorry to hear that.

We all have the right to believe what we want.

Reactions: 4 people
They have made a choice. There is nothing we can do about it.

Before long, being a Christian will be a crime.

I pray for the unbelievers. Something could happen in their lives that will lead them to believe and turn their lives over to Christ.

Reactions: 8 people

It might be for some younger people but I'm not one of them by any means. Years ago I was on the verge of becoming a minister. Two things happened after that. I read the Bible and worked as a Paramedic for six years.

I wanted to believe I truly did and I will always keep an open mind but in my life I have never witnessed anything to believe there is a God.

Reactions: 15 people
The crazy thing about all this is how prevalent Christianity is in the NFL that this is somewhat groundbreaking stuff.

Reactions: 5 people
It might be for some younger people but I'm not one of them by any means. Years ago I was on the verge of becoming a minister. Two things happened after that. I read the Bible and worked as a Paramedic for six years.

I wanted to believe I truly did and I will always keep an open mind but in my life I have never witnessed anything to believe there is a God.

Deliver a newborn in an ambulance?

Reactions: 1 person
Did you think it took courage for Tebow to come out (not the closet yet) and declare his beliefs so much? I tend to beleive it may have take a little more courage to do so in this day and age. JMO

Tebow has been ridiculed about his faith more than anyone I can think of in recent history. He has kept his faith. I have great respect for him. He has stood up for Christianity.

Reactions: 11 people

Bump so OP can bump his thread he started then over Tebow's courage.

Depends on where you are. It definitely takes courage to come out as an atheist if you're in a very religious environment. A great majority of NFL players appear to be quite into Jesus, at least on the surface. I do think it would take a certain amount of courage to express your lack of belief in the pray before every game, thank god for every touchdown football culture.

Reactions: 3 people
Tebow has been ridiculed about his faith more than anyone I can think of in recent history. He has kept his faith. I have great respect for him. He has stood up for Christianity.
I think the negativity toward Tebow started when he got associated with James Dobbs and Focus on The Family.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back