Mandatory Minimums

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDVmldTurqk[/youtube]

It's really good to see this has become an issue that the Left and Right are working together on. 1 in every 100 Americans are behind bars right now. Over half for drug related issues.

We are 5% of the world's population but have 25% of the world's prison population. That stat is simply amazing.

Reactions: 2 people
Mandatory minimums are a failure as are increased sentences for drugs like cocaine and 3 strike laws.

Reactions: 8 people
How far would those numbers drop if we did the common sense maneuver of legalizing weed? Not to mention hit the Mexican carrtels in the pocket in the same swoop

Reactions: 1 person
Just a tip, don't assume your public defender is on your side.

In some places they are employed by the district attorney's office.

I have long thought this and helping felons regain some rights were issues the GOP could use to gain swing votes.

In some places they are employed by the district attorney's office.

I have long thought this and helping felons regain some rights were issues the GOP could use to gain swing votes.

I believe felons should have the same rights as others. The only real exception being rights taken from pedophiles to protect children.

This comes as no surprise.

Why should selling drugs prevent you from voting?

Do you believe speeding tickets should be the same?

I simply don't see the correlation. what does committing a crime have to do with your right to vote or own a gun for that matter.

I simply don't see the correlation. what does committing a crime have to do with your right to vote or own a gun for that matter.

More about having a felony than drugs

More about having a felony than drugs

Drugs are a felony in many cases. And I still believe if you've served your time, you should have all rights restored. I'd even argue you should be able to vote while in prison. Why shouldn't you? You're still a citizen.

Last I knew speeding tickets aren't felonies.... If you're a convicted felon..... You're a criminal.... As a result you've forgeited your right to vote. You want to vote? Don't be s felon..... Or be on the government welfare train

Reactions: 3 people
Drugs are a felony in many cases. And I still believe if you've served your time, you should have all rights restored. I'd even argue you should be able to vote while in prison. Why shouldn't you? You're still a citizen.[/QUOTE

Lulz.....

Drugs are a felony in many cases. And I still believe if you've served your time, you should have all rights restored. I'd even argue you should be able to vote while in prison. Why shouldn't you? You're still a citizen.

Part of something being a felony means that you do more than serve jail time, you forfeit your rights. There are consequences to your actions. Until they aren't a crime maybe, and hang on for this mind blowing knowledge I'm about to drop, maybe, just maybe people should just not break the law. I know that could be asking a bit too much for people nowadays but hey one can dream right?

And most drug felonies are felonies because of quantity in possession, manufacture, and trafficking. Your average drug arrest isn't going to be a felony but a misdemeanor.

How far would those numbers drop if we did the common sense maneuver of legalizing weed? Not to mention hit the Mexican carrtels in the pocket in the same swoop

Legalize prostitution as well..the cartels will take a huge hit on the weed and human trafficking.

thanks democrats

Yep the liberal states of Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Montana, Tennessee and Texas have 3 strike laws.

We would not have such laws if Republicans could only win enough seats to control the state legislature in those states.

Reactions: 4 people
Mandatory minimums are a huge success in more ways than 1.

Yeah, and they are a huge failure in more ways than one as well. They succeed in locking up the bad guys forever. They also lock up some not so bad guys forever. That's a trade off that tyrants are fine with. People that value freedom, on the other hand, think it is an atrocity. Keep telling yourself you're one of the good ones. Nobody actually believes it, including yourself.

VN Store

Back