Lafayette Shooting

RockVol

Shooting just occurred at a Lafayette movie theatre. Reports just coming out.

@CodyAlcorn: #BREAKING: Reports of shooting at movie theater in #Lafayette, #LA. Several injures reported including shoooter. KATC.com | Continuous News Coverage | Acadiana-Lafayette - Reports: Shooting at The Grand on Johnston, several injures

@MichaelSkolnik: Witness says an "older white man" stood up during screening of "Trainwreck" and started shooting. #Lafayette

Fox News reporting that 2 dead, including shooter, with 3 in critical condition. Deaths are not confirmed, but 6 injuries are confirmed.

Prayers for those in Lafayete and the families of the victims.

Last edited:
Injury total bumped up to 8.

@ScottWalker6: Two confirmed dead in #Lafayette theater shootings, including the shooter. Eight taken to the hospital.

Not the politician Scott Walker, this is a Louisianna news anchor.

Everyone's prayers need to be with these people now.

How many major shootings have there been this summer alone? Charleston, Chattanooga, Lafayette, did I miss any?

Obama didn't get his gun control after charleston. He is licking his chops here

Reading on Twitter that the theatre was a gun free zone.

I have no ideas what the motive could've been. It doesn't seem like it was religiously motivated. It was a theatre (likely a diverse group, not all black), so I don't think it was racially motivated. Of course we need to wait on details, but as of now it appears that it was just pure evil that wanted to inflict harm on others.

Reactions: 1 person

I have no ideas what the motive could've been. It doesn't seem like it was religiously motivated. It was a theatre (likely a diverse group, not all black), so I don't think it was racially motivated. Of course we need to wait on details, but as of now it appears that it was just pure evil that wanted to inflict harm on others.

I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you!

I don't mean to make lite of a tragedy, but if the shooter was a white guy, just give it time. A white guy with a gun, I don't care the circumstances, this will be spun as something.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Fox News just bumped up the death toll to 3, including shooter.

Shooter was 58 years old.

Last edited:
I hate stories like this. In one hand I'm glad the piece of crap is dead, but if nobody knows why he did it, then the victims families are left wondering why.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back