Curious On The Politics Forum Take On This

So even after a few thoughts into the video you see the grand conspiracy logic. The irony is that they attempt to explain how what you see is actually more complicated, deep and sinister than it appears then go on to view everything through a very simplified and single explanation prism.

The comments exchange with a guy name Red Judas is revealing. They completely ignore basic economic theory, suggest that money is actually printed on some printer and are disturbingly anti-semitic.

yep, I really want to trust these guys with world leadership.

Also, the voice disguise is annoying as hell.

Reactions: 1 person
There are a lot of good facts in that video, several hypotheses that will never be proven/disproven, and a lot of pure speculation. You would have to take each one of their claims on a case-by-case basis.

So even after a few thoughts into the video you see the grand conspiracy logic. The irony is that they attempt to explain how what you see is actually more complicated, deep and sinister than it appears then go on to view everything through a very simplified and single explanation prism.

The comments exchange with a guy name Red Judas is revealing. They completely ignore basic economic theory, suggest that money is actually printed on some printer and are disturbingly anti-semitic.

Do you know how money is created? I'm not asking to be a jerk because I think your one of the best posters on economic topics. I ask because Prof. Steven Keen wrote in his book Debunking Economics that economics majors don't have any classes on the banking system, and since they don't know how the money supply works there projections will always be fallible. He even showed up Paul Krugman in a series of Op Ed arguments when he showed that Krugman obviously didn't know how it works. And Krugman is a nobel prize winner in economics.

Agreed on the voice disguise. It IS annoying. Not sure that I believe that Anonymous is anti-semitic, though. Perhaps you were just referring to the specific passage, but who approves it? I'm sure there are quite a few Jews in the group. Perhaps I'm wrong on that..don't suppose many outside the group know. But you do have a good take on it. I hate the doomsday people, yet they presented quite a few facts.

There are a lot of good facts in that video, several hypotheses that will never be proven/disproven, and a lot of pure speculation. You would have to take each one of their claims on a case-by-case basis.

Thanks for the input :hi:

Thanks for the input :hi:

You're welcome. I'll elaborate on what I think is fact vs. speculation.

- The info on the Nixon gold shock, petrodollar, and reserve currency is solid IMO. Whether or not we would need to wage war all over the globe to protect the dollar is pure speculation. There is a good video floating around the web of a speech GEN Wesley Clark made when he was running for president. He claimed the pentagon was developing plans to invade 7 countries in 5 years. Of course the DOD plans contingencies for all kinds of stuff, so the reasoning for all these conflicts is pure speculation.

- There a little off on fractional reserve banking, but they get the gist of it.

- They're drawing conclusions on ISIS in Syria based on selective information. I'm convinced we armed the rebels in Syria well before the congressional approval, but it's a giant leap to say our government is running ISIS. Regarding the chemical weapons, there is a solid MIT research paper that concludes the Syrian rebels gassed their own people.

- Their Libya hypothesis does have a lot of info to back it up. There was a pretty good article that came out shortly after Qaddafi was murdered by the group Former Intelligence Professionals for Sanity. You would have to make up your own mind on whether or not our foreign policy in Libya was nefarious, inept, or worked for the common good.

I'll also add I think they're wrong on America having carte blanche authority over sanctions due to the dollar. Sanctions are executed through the SWIFT system, I don't think it matters what currency. While the US has tremendous sway over the system, they can't unilaterally apply sanctions. Of course the BRICS nations are developing an alternative to SWIFT, so that should be interesting.

I'll also add I think they're wrong on America having carte blanche authority over sanctions due to the dollar. Sanctions are executed through the SWIFT system, I don't think it matters what currency. While the US has tremendous sway over the system, they can't unilaterally apply sanctions. Of course the BRICS nations are developing an alternative to SWIFT, so that should be interesting.

I'm not a financial guy, so forgive me, but I have a question. Since Russia is now enveloped in the BRICS monetary system, would a response to sanctions by Russia have to entail a majority vote by BRICS states to take effect? If that makes sense...

I'm not a financial guy, so forgive me, but I have a question. Since Russia is now enveloped in the BRICS monetary system, would a response to sanctions by Russia have to entail a majority vote by BRICS states to take effect? If that makes sense...

It's not my area of expertise either, but I assume it will run as a parallel system. For instance, China will still likely still be in the SWIFT system when the BRICS alternative is up and running. If they wanted to trade with a country that is sanctioned in the SWIFT system, they could always use the BRICS alternative. Countries will probably use whichever system suits their needs with each of their trading partners.

Oops maybe I was wrong about ISIS. It's been corrected now, but what a major slip of the tongue. :rofl:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2NkjNvwuaU[/youtube]

You're welcome. I'll elaborate on what I think is fact vs. speculation.

- The info on the Nixon gold shock, petrodollar, and reserve currency is solid IMO. Whether or not we would need to wage war all over the globe to protect the dollar is pure speculation. There is a good video floating around the web of a speech GEN Wesley Clark made when he was running for president. He claimed the pentagon was developing plans to invade 7 countries in 5 years. Of course the DOD plans contingencies for all kinds of stuff, so the reasoning for all these conflicts is pure speculation.

- There a little off on fractional reserve banking, but they get the gist of it.

- They're drawing conclusions on ISIS in Syria based on selective information. I'm convinced we armed the rebels in Syria well before the congressional approval, but it's a giant leap to say our government is running ISIS. Regarding the chemical weapons, there is a solid MIT research paper that concludes the Syrian rebels gassed their own people.

- Their Libya hypothesis does have a lot of info to back it up. There was a pretty good article that came out shortly after Qaddafi was murdered by the group Former Intelligence Professionals for Sanity. You would have to make up your own mind on whether or not our foreign policy in Libya was nefarious, inept, or worked for the common good.

On whether ISIS is funded by the US:

1. Don't you find it curious that we are able to precisely pinpoint missles into targets, but can't seem to do a simple supply drop without ISIS intercepting it?

2. Don't you find it curious that the most dangerous Islamic JV terrorist team in the world is right next door to Israel, but doesn't even manage to throw a rock at Israel, yet mad mention in the last few days of going after Hamas in Gaza? Almost like they are going out of their way not to mess with Israel.

3. Why are we fighting Iran in Yemen, yet allied with them in Iraq in the alleged fight against ISIS? Is there a chance that in the case of Iraq, that we (ISIS) and Israel are really joined in disrupting Kurdish interests in Northern Iraq?

1. Don't you find it curious that we are able to precisely pinpoint missles into targets, but can't seem to do a simple supply drop without ISIS intercepting it?

2. Don't you find it curious that the most dangerous Islamic JV terrorist team in the world is right next door to Israel, but doesn't even manage to throw a rock at Israel, yet mad mention in the last few days of going after Hamas in Gaza? Almost like they are going out of their way not to mess with Israel.

3. Why are we fighting Iran in Yemen, yet allied with them in Iraq in the alleged fight against ISIS? Is there a chance that in the case of Iraq, that we (ISIS) and Israel are really joined in disrupting Kurdish interests in Northern Iraq?

Why would the US and Isreal want to disrupt the Kurds? They've been wanting to set up their own democratic government for decades.

As to number 2......that's because they know beyond the shadow of a doubt that Israel will systematically and mercilessly destroy every single one of them if they even acted like they were going to attack them...remember when all the Arab countries surrounding Israel attacked them...at the same time...and Israel not only defeated them all in about a week but reclaimed a big chunk of the Sinai peninsula??? Bet muhammad does .clearly.

Oops maybe I was wrong about ISIS. It's been corrected now, but what a major slip of the tongue. :rofl:

Ooo... Just saw this. Hey, Red... That was a slip up. And just to add to it, he mentioned specfically training "Sunni" fighters, which is what makes up the ISIS forces. The govt in Baghdad that is backed by Iran is Shia.

As to number 2......that's because they know beyond the shadow of a doubt that Israel will systematically and mercilessly destroy every single one of them if they even acted like they were going to attack them...remember when all the Arab countries surrounding Israel attacked them...at the same time...and Israel not only defeated them all in about a week but reclaimed a big chunk of the Sinai peninsula??? Bet muhammad does .clearly.

That doesn't make any sense. ISIS has been making threats to America the whole time, talking about blowing up The Mall of America and doing all kinds of other terror and mayhem, yet they've said or done diddly squat to Israel. We are Israel and have the desire to bomb ISIS in Iraq or Syria if needed, but your trying to tell me they are more scared of the country we arm?

Not buying it.

Why would the US and Isreal want to disrupt the Kurds? They've been wanting to set up their own democratic government for decades.

If the West was really serious about forming a Kurdish state, they had 2 opportunities in 1991 and 2003. All that is lip service.

This is why I believe it doesn't matter who the people are that get the their respective nominations from their partys TPTB gets who they want, either way.

That's why the like of Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance. He would expose their corruption for all the world to see.

Ftr I believe that's why they killed Kennedy and shot Reagan. ( to remind him they are in control)

Reactions: 2 people
Do you know how money is created? I'm not asking to be a jerk because I think your one of the best posters on economic topics. I ask because Prof. Steven Keen wrote in his book Debunking Economics that economics majors don't have any classes on the banking system, and since they don't know how the money supply works there projections will always be fallible. He even showed up Paul Krugman in a series of Op Ed arguments when he showed that Krugman obviously didn't know how it works. And Krugman is a nobel prize winner in economics.

Not as much as I should. I was referring to a debate in the comments where people were suggesting the printing of money as if a bank just turns on a machine and voila.

Agreed on the voice disguise. It IS annoying. Not sure that I believe that Anonymous is anti-semitic, though. Perhaps you were just referring to the specific passage, but who approves it? I'm sure there are quite a few Jews in the group. Perhaps I'm wrong on that..don't suppose many outside the group know. But you do have a good take on it. I hate the doomsday people, yet they presented quite a few facts.

I was referring to a particular debate in the comments that kept referring to how the "jews" were doing this, that and the other.

How do people not see the truth? Iraq is between Syria and Iran...two proclaimed and publisized enemies of thine US hegemony...

Why is it so hard?

VN Store

Back