Black church fires: Coincidence?

Wasn't it discovered last time the rash of burned and vandalized churchs that some were self inflicted?

2 are confined from storms.

Good time to collect on insurance and fuel a different fire all together.

Reactions: 2 people
2 are confined from storms.

Good time to collect on insurance and fuel a different fire all together.

I'm not sure that anything is confirmed, either arson or natural, but it does appear two are not arson, four are suspected of being arson.

I remember back in the 80's, someone was shooting black children in the Atlanta area. It was prejudice that led every one to believe it was some "hillbilly bastage" that was guilty, including me.

Then they arrested and convicted a 20 something year old black male for these murders.

Since then, I have learned to with hold judgement and finger pointing until the investigation is complete. And I'm not a lawyer.

Reactions: 1 person
ISIS will claim responsibility as they wave the confederate flag.

Really? You don't think it odd that there is a rash of black church fires right after the shooting, several believed to be arson?

LOL :eek:lol: LG

Edit: To clarify, I do agree it is odd. And I'm very interested in finding out what is going on here. Is it a coincidence? My suspicion is no.

What I think is very funny is that your pattern recognition seems a little out of whack. When it comes to Hillary's emails/server/actions or Lerner's emails/actions, no pattern or amount of evidence seems to raise questions for you.

I was just surprised that you identified a potential pattern here! You normally fall into the ignorant camp (willfully or otherwise) when it comes to this task.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I remember back in the 80's, someone was shooting black children in the Atlanta area. It was prejudice that led every one to believe it was some "hillbilly bastage" that was guilty, including me.

Then they arrested and convicted a 20 something year old black male for these murders.

Since then, I have learned to with hold judgement and finger pointing until the investigation is complete. And I'm not a lawyer.

That is why I am asking is it coincidence or intentional. The fact that it has happened in this sequence, in the South, and right after the Charleston shooting suggests that at least some of the arson cases are connected to that.

Not proof by any means, but worth checking into, don't you think?

LOL :eek:lol: LG

Edit: To clarify, I do agree it is odd. And I'm very interested in finding out what is going on here. Is it a coincidence? My suspicion is no.

What I think is very funny is that your pattern recognition seems a little out of whack. When it comes to Hillary's emails/server/actions or Lerner's emails/actions, no pattern or amount of evidence seems to raise questions for you.

I was just surprised that you identified a potential pattern here! You normally fall into the ignorant camp (willfully or otherwise) when it comes to this task.

You need to describe and then distinguish what the significance is in your comparison.

You are lumping together HRC's email server issue with Lerener's emails and the IRS problems in securing them, and trying to suggest a pattern. But those two things are awfully far apart, in time and in agency, and really not comparable.

HRC has acknowledged she used her private server to hold her emails and deleted what she says are the non-work ones. That was foolish of her, I agree, if for no other reason that it raises the appearance of impropriety.

I have personal experience with agencies and emails, and let me tell you there is no place where there is more buffoonery and incompetence than in that realm. The right would like to have us believe that, once upon a time, there was a smoking gun email that confessed political targeting, probably directed by Obama himself, at TP groups. Oh sure, like that ever happened.

So what they have done is taken the boobery of the people running that computer system and tried to make it look like the absence of evidence is, itself, evidence. Weak. Very weak. But it makes for good headlines, and keeps the checks rolling in. So I don't blame them.

The real problem with these agencies is that the people running their IT departments are not IT people. They are political appointees with some computer savy, but they do not work the system day to day. And when things heat up, rather than defer to the grunts actually putting it together, they try to command it, and they fail miserably. And just make it look worse, even when it isn't.

The one that occurred here where I live is a confirmed arson, but Doesn't look like it's connected to a hate crime so far. At least one of the others was a result of lightning.

That is why I am asking is it coincidence or intentional. The fact that it has happened in this sequence, in the South, and right after the Charleston shooting suggests that at least some of the arson cases are connected to that.

You need to describe and then distinguish what the significance is in your comparison.

You are lumping together HRC's email server issue with Lerener's emails and the IRS problems in securing them, and trying to suggest a pattern. But those two things are awfully far apart, in time and in agency, and really not comparable.

HRC has acknowledged she used her private server to hold her emails and deleted what she says are the non-work ones. That was foolish of her, I agree, if for no other reason that it raises the appearance of impropriety.

I have personal experience with agencies and emails, and let me tell you there is no place where there is more buffoonery and incompetence than in that realm. The right would like to have us believe that, once upon a time, there was a smoking gun email that confessed political targeting, probably directed by Obama himself, at TP groups. Oh sure, like that ever happened.

So what they have done is taken the boobery of the people running that computer system and tried to make it look like the absence of evidence is, itself, evidence. Weak. Very weak. But it makes for good headlines, and keeps the checks rolling in. So I don't blame them.

The real problem with these agencies is that the people running their IT departments are not IT people. They are political appointees with some computer savy, but they do not work the system day to day. And when things heat up, rather than defer to the grunts actually putting it together, they try to command it, and they fail miserably. And just make it look worse, even when it isn't.

All avenues must be checked. But to start calling names and pointing fingers before the facts are in is...
Well, you know.

Reactions: 1 person

:eek:k: LOL LG

I went to see the Celtics play the Hawks when that was going on. It was Bird's rookie year. The thing I remember most about the trip was that there weren't any black kids at the game. That city was draped in fear

VN Store

Back