This cant be true can it ?

I didn't see the indicators for the QOL Score. That, I'd like to see.

America's Top States for Business Has Tennessee ranked 50th in quality of life ? I would have thought Illinois would be 50th in every category

Just shows how bad Memphis can drag a state down.

I remember my time living in TN and my quality of life was awesome. Had a huge house, didn't have to live in a gated community, had several challenging golf courses to choose from, could fall off my jetski in the lake and not get eaten by an alligator, trail hiking for days son, everyone spoke English. Them were the days.

Reactions: 5 people
Fat and addicted to pain pills... addicts stealing everything they can get their hands on.

Also, look at how liberal the 10 "best" states are and how Republican the bottom 10 are.

Reactions: 1 person
The expansion of established businesses coupled with the businesses that have chosen a move to Tennessee speak louder than this article.

Reactions: 5 people
I didn't see the indicators for the QOL Score. That, I'd like to see.

From a link within the article...

America's Top States for Business 2015: Our methodology
Quality of Life (325 points)

The best places to do business are also the best places to live. We score the states on livability, including several factors, such as the crime rate, inclusiveness such as antidiscrimination protections, the quality of health care, the level of health insurance coverage and the overall health of the population. We evaluate local attractions, parks and recreation, as well as environmental quality.

I still wouldn't think of TN as low as 50 based on that criteria, but it is somewhat understandable. VT, MN, NH and ME are 2 - 4 respectively so that gives you an idea of how they interpret "quality of life" as none of those locations would be high on my list other than perhaps a summer cottage.

Memphis drags it down and also I believe East Tennessee has the most drugs prescribed of any area in the country.

So basically if you just took Middle TN it would probably be much higher.

Reactions: 1 person
Memphis drags it down and also I believe East Tennessee has the most drugs prescribed of any area in the country.

So basically if you just took Middle TN it would probably be much higher.

Memphis definitely drags the ranking down. I have been very surprised to find out in the past few months about how many Muslims gravitate to Middle and East Tennessee.

From a link within the article...

America's Top States for Business 2015: Our methodology

I still wouldn't think of TN as low as 50 based on that criteria, but it is somewhat understandable. VT, MN, NH and ME are 2 - 4 respectively so that gives you an idea of how they interpret "quality of life" as none of those locations would be high on my list other than perhaps a summer cottage.
Thanks. I was blurry-eyed this am when I read the OP.

I really like the move to give everyone 2 years of college. It will lead to a major economic surge in Tennessee. Chattanooga is about to explode. Volkswagen expansion will add 10 to 12 thousand jobs in the area. I would give it less than 10 years before VW expands again.

VN Store

Back