US Won't Prosecute Hostages' Families For Ransom

Come on, really? We're going to prosecute families that try to get their loved ones released? Please.

There has never been any penalties to any family for directly paying ransom for a family member/members who are being held by a terrorist group. However the law was written to deter families from sending any ransom for release and the reasoning behind it is very simple as to prevent more income for these groups and to attempt to reduce these kidnappings. I think its a good policy to keep, but I am sure I probably would feel differently if it were one of my family members that were being held.

To be fair its this is probably better than waiting on O to pull the trigger on a SpecOp mission relying on weeks old data that is weeks old because of all of the dawdling and hand wringing.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol no matter what he does you guys will ***** like little girls. A family should not be prosecuted for paying a ransom. That is their decision and should be respected.

This is one of the more clear cut "see both sides" issues that's come along lately. It's obvious that clearing the way for making money via kidnapping and extortion can do nothing but promote more of the same. It's also just as obvious that there's no way a government should be able to impede a family from securing the freedom of a loved one.

I get both sides of it, but the real question to me is why are they changing this practice now?

VN Store

Back