Obama is wrong

lawgator1

This sending of 450 new trainers (we have about 2500-3000 there already) and placement at a base in Anbar province is a mistake. It seems obvious to me that these guys are being sent there with a target on their backs for the very purpose of being attacked directly by ISIS, so that the military can then force another, much larger, deployment.

The ineptitude of the Iraqi army, based mostly on their complete lack of motivation, is not going to be fixed by this. I think this is basic trip-wire strategy, and its going to lead to a much, much larger deployment.

Reactions: 3 people
This sending of 450 new trainers (we have about 2500-3000 there already) and placement at a base in Anbar province is a mistake. It seems obvious to me that these guys are being sent there with a target on their backs for the very purpose of being attacked directly by ISIS, so that the military can then force another, much larger, deployment.

The ineptitude of the Iraqi army, based mostly on their complete lack of motivation, is not going to be fixed by this. I think this is basic trip-wire strategy, and its going to lead to a much, much larger deployment.

You may very well be right.

Do we even have a SOFA in place?

If we had one in place from the get go we wouldn't be having this conversation. Obamas demands were unreasonable and by design, therefore allowing the rise of the JV team known as ISIS. Contrary to the libs opinion, Shiite was getting better and more stable after the surge..

Reactions: 2 people

Vietnam all over again.

Give Iraqi training a chance; we've only tried it for a decade.

Problem is all of the top Iraqi brass are just buds of whoever is in power at the time and they are never competent military types. When the US kicked out all of the Bath party military folks they pretty much ensured the Iraqi's would be doomed. It would be like taking our SOF guys and replacing them with democrat community organizers..

Reactions: 4 people
I read this week that Obama has authorized direct air support for Syrian rebels fighting ISIS. That's fine, but lawyers are trying to determine the legality of bombing the Syrian army if the rebels we support happen to be fighting the Syrians. WTF. It seems like we're going to find a way to bomb Syria no matter what.

Vietnam all over again.

I really feel that its an invitation to ISIS to attack them, at a specific place, to justify another invasion, effectively. Tell you what, I wouldn't want to be one of the 450 selected.

itsatrap.jpg

I really feel that its an invitation to ISIS to attack them, at a specific place, to justify another invasion, effectively. Tell you what, I wouldn't want to be one of the 450 selected.

What would be his motive, it wouldn't be wrapped up prior to Jan 2017? So it would be another hit to his legacy, got us out then right back in. He would own that 100%.

In my view it would hurt the Dem candidate to be embroiled in another ground war. So I'm having trouble finding a motive.

Problem is all of the top Iraqi brass are just buds of whoever is in power at the time and they are never competent military types. When the US kicked out all of the Bath party military folks they pretty much ensured the Iraqi's would be doomed.

Seems by now they could have replaced the leadership.

I think the bigger issue is tribalism fracturing the nation.

itsatrap.jpg

The "It's a trap" meme features Commander Ackbar. Did yall know his first name is Allahu???

Seems by now they could have replaced the leadership.

I think the bigger issue is tribalism fracturing the nation.

That is part of the problem. You had a minority in charge of Iraq for a long time but they ruled with a ruthless iron fist and maintained order. Then we let the limp wristed majority take over and it became a good ol' boys club where politicians gave out high military positions like Obama gives out agency heads; no one was qualified to be in those positions.

What would be his motive, it wouldn't be wrapped up prior to Jan 2017? So it would be another hit to his legacy, got us out then right back in. He would own that 100%.

In my view it would hurt the Dem candidate to be embroiled in another ground war. So I'm having trouble finding a motive.

I think he is being duped by the Pentagon and those who will benefit from it when it happens. Either that or he has been convinced by the national security team that we are going to have to go in, and this is how they are going to create the scenario to do it.

Putting 500 guys, give or take, right smack dab in an area heavily occupied or at least infiltrated by ISIS is literally putting them there with a target on their backs.

Either way, its foolish, in my opinion. Whatever disagreements we may have about whose fault it is, or in what proportion, anybody who thinks Iraq is going to be salvaged by sending 450 additional trainers is delusional.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back