McKinley, Texas : Pool party Gone Wrong.

rocktopper16

Don’t mind me, I’m just here for the meltdown.
A*video*has surfaced online that raises serious questions about the use of excessive force and the ways in which black people are treated by law enforcement.

The 7-minute video, which we first learned about thanks to*The Grio, shows police officers from McKinney, Texas, midway through responding to a reported disturbance at a pool party on Friday evening.

Partygoers told*BuzzFeed News*that “a fight broke out between adults and youths…after the adults made racist comments” and told the black teenagers to leave the gated community and return to “Section 8 [public] housing.”

The officers, all white, are seen chasing after and handcuffing a group of black teenagers, some of whom can be heard saying that they “just came to a birthday party.”

One officer pulls a young man down to the ground by his arm. He then pins a frightened, crying teenage girl to the ground by first pulling her arm, then her hair, and then grabbing her neck. That same officer can be seen withdrawing what looks to be a firearm when two black teenagers step in to assist the young woman.

TweetSharePin It

Screen shot of YouTube video

A representative for the predominantly white, upper middle class city’s police department toldKDFW Fox 4*that police were responding to a “disturbance involving several juveniles at [at the Craig Ranch Community Pool] who didn’t have permission to be there.” She said that nine additional police units were called after the crowd “refused to follow police orders.”

Among the police orders seen in the video are “Get your asses on the ground,” “On your face,” and threats to jail onlookers if they didn’t stop “[screwing] around” and “running their mouths”—not to mention the officers’ repeated use of force.

“Super Trooper” Cops Crash Pool Party And Target …: http://youtu.be/bpWP8aMcOo8
^Full video

MCKINNEY POOL 1ST-initial fight: http://youtu.be/8ym0KcWv8RI

Was the cop out of line? Should this be viewed as racism?

Last edited:
There's a lot of hearsay in this story. It was orginal stated that a private pool party got out of hand with over 200 kids showing up in a gated community. Neighbors got concerned and called the police and the kids started running (idiots).

A*video*has surfaced online that raises serious questions about the use of excessive force and the ways in which black people are treated by law enforcement.

The 7-minute video, which we first learned about thanks to*The Grio, shows police officers from McKinney, Texas, midway through responding to a reported disturbance at a pool party on Friday evening.

Partygoers told*BuzzFeed News*that “a fight broke out between adults and youths…after the adults made racist comments” and told the black teenagers to leave the gated community and return to “Section 8 [public] housing.”

The officers, all white, are seen chasing after and handcuffing a group of black teenagers, some of whom can be heard saying that they “just came to a birthday party.”

One officer pulls a young man down to the ground by his arm. He then pins a frightened, crying teenage girl to the ground by first pulling her arm, then her hair, and then grabbing her neck. That same officer can be seen withdrawing what looks to be a firearm when two black teenagers step in to assist the young woman.

TweetSharePin It

Screen shot of YouTube video

A representative for the predominantly white, upper middle class city’s police department toldKDFW Fox 4*that police were responding to a “disturbance involving several juveniles at [at the Craig Ranch Community Pool] who didn’t have permission to be there.” She said that nine additional police units were called after the crowd “refused to follow police orders.”

Among the police orders seen in the video are “Get your asses on the ground,” “On your face,” and threats to jail onlookers if they didn’t stop “[screwing] around” and “running their mouths”—not to mention the officers’ repeated use of force.

“Super Trooper” Cops Crash Pool Party And Target …: http://youtu.be/bpWP8aMcOo8

MCKINNEY POOL 1ST-initial fight: http://youtu.be/8ym0KcWv8RI

Was the cop out of line? Should this be viewed as racism?

One cop was out of hand. I saw multiple cops asking questions and showing command of the situation while one cop decided to go all Percy Wetmore from The Green Mile on them and strutting his stuff. Totally unnecessary and it's amazing the other cops did not try to calm him down.
Because he only target black kids, I guess it could be construed as racist but I'm not sure if he was just trying to control the area where a certain type of kid was while another certain of type kid was a cross the street. He could have done the same to the white kids but he was just on the wrong side of the street but we shall never know. It will be viewed as racist.

Just saw this one the news. Yes he was out of line. But allegedly there is more to the story than what we're seeing.

How do you view him pulling is gun?

My opinion, The kid bull rushed him, he was very close to the officer's gun. It could've been bad either way. The officer should have pulled the tazer though.

I don't think it's racism at play here by cops. Too many people are too quick to jump on the tactics of police officers.

Last edited:
Just saw this one the news. Yes he was out of line. But allegedly there is more to the story than what we're seeing.

Have you saw the full length video? It's worth the watch. I posted it above.

Have you saw the full length video? It's worth the watch. I posted it above.

Haven't watched it yet. I will later.

I do agree he shouldn't have pulled the gun. Not when you have several other cops around. No need to pull a tazer either.

Haven't watched it yet. I will later.

I do agree he shouldn't have pulled the gun. Not when you have several other cops around. No need to pull a tazer either.

Eh, The kid was very close to his weapon. It's such a hard call.

Drop the black part, excessive force is a trademark move by police. Color is irrelevant.

Was this party at a house or at the community (HOA) pool?

I do think the officer overreacted to a pool party however I do not fault him for drawing his service weapon though. He had two males rolling up on him from behind while trying to detain/arrest another person in a chaotic situation. That said I do feel like he should face some punishment for his initial overreaction but shouldn't lose his job.

Reactions: 1 person
It's too bad school is out. My bro-in-law teaches Spanish at McKinney Boyd HS, and he would have the inside scoop.

I do think the officer overreacted to a pool party however I do not fault him for drawing his service weapon though. He had two males rolling up on him from behind while trying to detain/arrest another person in a chaotic situation. That said I do feel like he should face some punishment for his initial overreaction but shouldn't lose his job.

Were there not other cops 10' away from him as the two males "rolled up" on him? Video looks like they were there and saw no threat until he drew his gun. Watch it.... Cops are right behind the officer who is apprehending the female and the cops dither cops did not respond until the officer pulled his pistol . Then they took after the boys. It's is not like they were "rolling up" on him from behind, more to the side though, and cops were right there. He will get off because of the threat he felt but I don't see it justified in this video at all. I also one cop going berserk on the crowd and other cops keeping their cool under this situation . He must be a commanding officer.

Last edited:

His overreaction makes me think he's not cut out to handle situations like this. He put himself in a situation where he felt the need to draw his service weapon. It should have never come to that.

He showed up to break up a fight. The fight was over when he arrived. Mission accomplished...and then he started wrestling teenage girls.

The city is going to pay big because of this. If a company gets sued for bad behavior of a low level employee, that employee is gone. Good government operates like successful business, IMO. I'm not sure that it's the best solution to can him, but it seems like it is.

Reactions: 2 people
The one cop was completely out of control and does not need to be an officer. The other ones seemed to be handling the situation pretty well, had he not been there it's probably not even a story.

Reactions: 1 person
Eh, The kid was very close to his weapon. It's such a hard call.

Is he were by himself.. Absolutely. On the bright side, he did just draw it. Never really saw him aim. And big kudos to the other officers for running over to him as soon as they saw him draw it.

Those "kids" had it coming and should've gotten worse. Those people don't know how to be civil. Call it stereotyping if you want, but anytime you see a group of them gathered something bad is going on.

Reactions: 5 people
Those "kids" had it coming and should've gotten worse. Those people don't know how to be civil. Call it stereotyping if you want, but anytime you see a group of them gathered something bad is going on.

Crushed it McDad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back