LA Labor wants exemption from min wage law...

volinbham

VN GURU
...that they pushed through.

You just can't make this ish up.

L.A. labor leaders seek minimum wage exemption for firms with union workers - LA Times

For much of the past eight months, labor activists have argued against special considerations for business owners, such as restaurateurs, who said they would have trouble complying with the mandated pay increase.

But Rusty Hicks, who heads the county Federation of Labor and helps lead the Raise the Wage coalition, said Tuesday night that companies with workers represented by unions should have leeway to negotiate a wage below that mandated by the law.

Reactions: 4 people
Hold on a second. This might be a good thing. Unions have to be voted in by employees. So what employee would want to vote them in knowing this. This could spell the end of unions as we know it.

Will one of the lawyers in the forum answer a question for me?

What authority does government have to set wages in private business? To me, minimum wage laws are null and void.

Will one of the lawyers in the forum answer a question for me?

What authority does government have to set wages in private business? To me, minimum wage laws are null and void.

I believe that the Supreme Court has ruled that Congress can set a national minimum wage based on the Commerce Clause contained in the U.S. Constitution.

Unions love a hike in the miniuum wage.. Therefore their Skilled worker can say that they need a raise because "their" job are more skilled.. It's all a rackets.. Why would anyone want to work based on a collective wage is stupid

VN Store

Back