David Letterman: A Mean Guy

Who retires on a Wednesday? Anyway. I remember Carson retiring and it was truly an end of an era. Leno retirement was an end of an era. Letterman was just "well bye"

Reactions: 4 people
I'm immediately annoyed by the first sentence. The Louis CK think was funny. He didn't condone child molestation. It was a joke about how messed up they are.

Reactions: 1 person
Who retires on a Wednesday? Anyway. I remember Carson retiring and it was truly an end of an era. Leno retirement was an end of an era. Letterman was just "well bye"

Wait....what? I think you clearly have those backwards. Nobody gave a flying crap when Leno left, really either time, and especially the second time.

Leno gets a fraction of the respect that Letterman does.

Reactions: 12 people
Wait....what? I think you clearly have those backwards. Nobody gave a flying crap when Leno left, really either time, and especially the second time.

Leno consistently beat Letterman in the ratings after he moved to the 11:30 slot.

Reactions: 3 people
Leno consistently beat Letterman in the ratings after he moved to the 11:30 slot.

So?

I'm talking about respect in the industry. Leno has long been seen as a hack, joke-thief who didn't revolutionize the late night game. Letterman is seen as a trailblazer, and is respected by his peers.

Plus he acted like Leno had some grand send-off and nobody cared about Letterman leaving, and that's just completely untrue.

Leno crushed letterman in ratings. Nbc scored big with Leno and was smart letting Letterman walk

Reactions: 4 people
So?

I'm talking about respect in the industry. Leno has long been seen as a hack, joke-thief who didn't revolutionize the late night game. Letterman is seen as a trailblazer, and is respected by his peers.

Plus he acted like Leno had some grand send-off and nobody cared about Letterman leaving, and that's just completely untrue.

Letterman is a liberal hack, respect my ass.

Reactions: 8 people
He lost some over the years, but he was an icon who changed the genre's landscape. I've always been a Letterman guy.

I was never into any late night shows like Leno or Letterman, so I could give a rat's ass about either, but that article sounded like it was written by a bitter teenage girl who started her own blog.

I enjoyed Letterman more than Leno, but I probably haven't watched his show in over a decade.

Also, I never would have pegged Gramps to be a Carson Daily fan.

It is funny all the love the media is giving Letterman on his way out. I remember way back during his first couple of years he was pretty funny. But, his last ten years especially he has just been crass.

Reactions: 2 people
Letterman's show was better on NBC. I'm not sure what happened when he switched to CBS. He just didn't seem to be as funny.

Leno crushed letterman in ratings. Nbc scored big with Leno and was smart letting Letterman walk

Again, not talking about ratings. I'm talking about respect of his peers.

Or did you forget how guys like Jimmy Kimmel completely skewered Leno, to his face?

Letterman's show was better on NBC. I'm not sure what happened when he switched to CBS. He just didn't seem to be as funny.

Same thing that is happening to Fallon; being in that later time slot allowed Letterman to do what made him great. When he moved to the earlier hour, he had to reign it in a bit.

You don't know much about Leno if you think he isn't.

I know he didn't kiss Obama's ass like ole Letterman did, also Leno kicked his ass in the ratings consistently. When Dave went super libtard back in the late nineties he lost a good portion of his audience. **** him. Good riddance, maybe now he'll find time to mix in some dental work.😝

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back