Why Are So Many American Men Such Goobers?

volprof

Destroyer of Nihilists
Mad men mad at Mad Max for having mad women · Newswire · The A.V. Club

This article strikes a chord with me and ought to strike a chord with our resident "women beat on men all the time - wah wah" poster on here as well.

Why are we such little schoolboys when it comes to women?

The late American literary critic, Leslie Fiedler, contributed this socially inept mindset to a desire for perpetual "play." Such works as "Huckleberry Finn," for instance, suggested an obsessive American male infatuation with avoiding the very masculine duties of fatherhood and statesmanship. Men at play, boys, constantly.

Today we see them with their video games. Had "Huckleberry Finn" been written some 130 or so years later, I'm convinced little Huckleberry would have been playing his video games instead of letting out for the territories.

And there's also the fact that so many roles that should be given to male American actors today are given to not American actors. They're given to Brits, Australians, etc. It's a wonder Capt. America was even given to an American, but I guess the filmmakers thought it advisable not to go away from that route since he's ****ing Capt. America.

So, I ask you the following questions:

1. Why are American men such goobers?

2. Why do American men fear women so much?

I think the two are related, but I'll leave that for your astute and researched analysis to decide.

If huckleberry Finn was real he'd whip your butt for that!

Because we're hung like stallions. Our blood is constantly, and I do mean constantly, being displaced from our brains to our nether regions.

Can't help you with that. Is anyone really afraid of girls after age 18?

I think the two are related, but I'll leave that for your astute and researched analysis to decide.

What that fu...dge?

What is there not to understand about my OP, Ralphie?

I'm serious. Why do foreigners keep getting what should be American male roles? The comic/super hero genre is just the beginning.

Maybe we have bad actors at the moment. I don't really know.

The more germane question is why can't Hollywood do anything original?

I totally agree.

As far as I can understand, there's been a lot of tension between studios and writers over the last few years.

One reason why we've seen TV series pick up so much in terms of quality and quantity.

But as far as Hollywood goes, the amount of originality is appalling. The vast majority of productions are "second-hand." Sequels or adaptations of novels, short stories, comics, graphic novels, etc. Hardly anything original. Even the Mad Max film that I link in the OP is not original, as you know. It's new, but not original. I still really want to see it though. Looks awesome!

Reactions: 1 person
I was with you til you started talking about hollywood. Who cares? Actors are professional frauds.

Reactions: 3 people
They've always been like that. Look at how many Frankenatein and Dracula remakes there were from the 30's through the 70's.

True dat. It is interesting too that when something "original" works, they will produce 3 or 4 sequels now.

I was with you til you started talking about hollywood. Who cares? Actors are professional frauds.
What I find fascinating is that if someone works in front of a camera, they are considered important, and are revered by many. If they do the same thing on stage, in front of an audience at the Clarence Brown Theater, .....not so much. A lot of people think of them as weirdos. No matter where they practice their trade, they are the same people. Very unimportant in the big picture, just like the rest of us.

What I find fascinating is that if someone works in front of a camera, they are considered important, and are revered by many. If they do the same thing on stage, in front of an audience at the Clarence Brown Theater, .....not so much. A lot of people think of them as weirdos. No matter where they practice their trade, they are the same people. Very unimportant in the big picture, just like the rest of us.

I actually love theatre. Saw an adaptation of 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' years ago and nearly wept

I think this has something to do with my OP:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOWCnMwBJL0[/youtube]

What exactly, I'm not quite sure yet. But it is certainly worth thinking about.

Why are American men no longer worth taken seriously?

And don't just say because of Dick Cheney. That's too obvious.

I'm serious. Why do foreigners keep getting what should be American male roles? The comic/super hero genre is just the beginning.

Who cares? As a white american male. I sure don't.

This article strikes a chord with me and ought to strike a chord with our resident "women beat on men all the time - wah wah" poster on here as well.

The late American literary critic, Leslie Fiedler, contributed this socially inept mindset to a desire for perpetual "play." Such works as "Huckleberry Finn," for instance, suggested an obsessive American male infatuation with avoiding the very masculine duties of fatherhood and statesmanship. Men at play, boys, constantly.

Today we see them with their video games. Had "Huckleberry Finn" been written some 130 or so years later, I'm convinced little Huckleberry would have been playing his video games instead of letting out for the territories.

And there's also the fact that so many roles that should be given to male American actors today are given to not American actors. They're given to Brits, Australians, etc. It's a wonder Capt. America was even given to an American, but I guess the filmmakers thought it advisable not to go away from that route since he's ****ing Capt. America.

Maybe American men don't go into sissy professions like acting.

Reactions: 1 person

For some reason British and Australian accents turn American women on. Nothing more complicated than that.

I realize money doesn't tell the whole tale but according to Forbes of the top 10 highest paid actors in 2014 only three weren't American. (Chris Hemsworth 6, Liam Neeson 7 and Christian Bale 9)

Political correctness ...... The feminization of the American male..... They go hand in hand....

Reactions: 2 people
7w8zk70.gif

Reactions: 3 people

Men don't fear women at all.

The thing is having a female "hero" such as what you have in Mad Max is literally the most fantastic tale you could ever tell because it would never come to fruition.

I always laugh at movies when they have "elite units" with female members. I mean that is just plain anti science. (unless its underworld cuz Kate can keep dressing up in that tight leather and Ill beleive!)

But back to Mad Max..Im going this weekend to see the unltraviolence and hopefully Charlize Theron flash the screen with her :w00t::wub::boobies::wub::w00t:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Men don't fear women at all.

The thing is having a female "hero" such as what you have in Mad Max is literally the most fantastic tale you could ever tell because it would never come to fruition.

I always laugh at movies when they have "elite units" with female members. I mean that is just plain anti science. (unless its underworld cuz Kate can keep dressing up in that tight leather and Ill beleive!)

But back to Mad Max..Im going this weekend to see the unltraviolence and hopefully Charlize Theron flash the screen with her :w00t::wub::boobies::wub::w00t:

Someone hasn't read up on their history.

VN Store

Back